Car Hauling Network

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
I have noticed over the last few years that we as FABO seem to have a common problem with getting cars to buy. It is not that they are not out there, they just always seem to be to far away!
I propose that we set up a network for hauling members projects across country, as little as a few hundred miles at a time. I know it may take a little time to have your car delivered but it is better than having the car of our dreams sit and rot away when it could be in one of our garages getting the love and attention that it deserves!
I myself would be willing to haul a members car for a few hundred miles in a network setup just for the chance to have the favor returned sometime in the future if need be.
If we had a folder in the forums for people to put their names in and a contact number and address etc. Then the person who needs the service has to do all the leg work to set up the transport from point of origin to their garage.

What do you guys think? I think this would work just for the fact that we are all avid mopar nuts and we could make this work!

Gary

I would LOVE to see this concept attempted here at FABO.........

I have a Cuda stuck in NY I'd like to get down here to Florida........there have been quite a few posts looking for help with transport........

A lot of the companies that haul are known for damages and lousy care of what they haul.........It'd be nice to find car lovers that did some hauling and took good care of the merchandise..........8)8)

Oh Gary ... don't get me started. It's been proposed and deemed not worthwhile. Maybe we can put together an informal transportation site just for FABO members. I still think it's a very good idea.

BTW: This should include parts as well (especially since I might have some sheetmetal that needs to be transported from MO to CA). ;)

I for one have a car trailer that is going to be idle for the winter season.Just I can,t cross border.If anybody in Ontario needs to have a car hauled somewhere within the visinity for work(body,paint,other etc..)I,d be more than happy to help.Of course gas for truck and some frosty brown rockets would be appropriate.

I think its a great idea. Even if a vehicle or parts cant make it all the way Im sure that at times just having help covering part of the distance would mean the world. I know that there might be a number of issues or concerns but Im sure that they could be worked through for the most part. IMO the only really big concern that I could think of is people outside of the site joining just to get the benefit of a "FABO car/parts hauling network". I dont have a car trailer but would for sure help anyone that needs help with parts that can be hauled by truck.

When was it proposed ? I didnt shoot it down.

Adam, I proposed creating a "transportation" section a few months back so we could help each other move cars/parts around and Joey replied that he did not think a section for that purpose would be utilized by the members. I've chimed in on other threads expressing the same interest with my support.

Have Trailer, will tow for $1.00 unloaded, $1.25 loaded.

Located 88101.

I get paid to, and from pickup location and back home.

Otherwise, buy your own trailer and capable truck.

Adam, I proposed creating a "transportation" section a few months back so we could help each other move cars/parts around and Joey replied that he did not think a section for that purpose would be utilized by the members. I've chimed in on other threads expressing the same interest with my support.

I missed it. We can all ways sticky a thread in the for sal section and members who want to help others can post there contact info and how far they can travel there.

I have a car hauler, I'm 2 hours south of St. Louis, pay depends on how far to I will travel to or from. you got to watch me though, the car may be missing some parts when ya get it!

I think some of you are missing my point. In the for sale ads one of our members is selling a great 64 valiant /6 3speed car for next to nothing. Almost everyone who responded said it is too bad that the car was not closer because it would cost about $1000.00 to ship it to them by a car hauler. ( This included a parts car). I would be willing to haul a car for free for a few hundred miles, if we charge for gas etc the cost will be close to the same as shipping it. I am by no means a rich man but I am willing to help out a FABO Member who has the same passion as I do. And I know that the favor would be returned in the future. It already has for me by members of this site and I am willing to pass it on.

-
Back