Car in shop ... So finished our garage sign

-

flynlady

Reaction score
Needed a spot for my small, crappy set of tools, so I made a sign for our garage ... I plan to add pieces from the car around the border

Attachments

• image-3756645220.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 753
  • image-3288513295.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 748
Cool, that "small, crappy set of tools" is how they all start out. Just wait.....you'll need a new board!

Nice use of space there flynlady.......It's great to see more ladies here on FABO :thumbup:

I'm gonna move this thread to the "Shop, Garage & Tools" forum. Hope you don't mind.....

Just wait Sherry ... before you know it you'll need your own Snap On roller box. :-D Looks like a great start!!! :-D After a couple decades of motorhead-ness, I've got enough to fill up my own work station ... and through the day I rarely have to get more than ten feet away from it. This is about as messy as I let it get.

View attachment 036 - Copy.jpg

Looks good flynlady!
Hey Leanna I was just wondering do you shoot the Hersheys Syrup straight or do you mix it with something?:D:coffee2:

LOL Stan! The answer depends on how the day was ... most of the time I mix it with whole milk but some days it's more like this.

View attachment Hershey's ... straight.jpg

Thanks to Kev aka Revhendo for sharing the picture a few days ago on another thread. He had no idea how close to reality that really was ... LOL

Thats the way everyone starts , trust me . It'll grow , just like all of ours have .

flynlady.

Jeez, you garage is neat! i can understand the comment about tools...I got rid of mine years ago but I never thought I would be in this hobby again... what kids make ya do.

I love the idea with the parts and picture.

ian.

flynlady....your making me wish I had a "pretty" garage space like that with cool wall art, but my garage resembles more of a production shop because I paint in there, I cant have any decorations or neat stuff with the paint overspray and sanding dust. and when you weld and grind all the time it makes such a mess with that familiar black dust everywhere.

good job on making a pretty neat garage

sooooo glad your still here with us.

I use to had a small board like that before I cleaned my garage that we called "the Wall of Fail" that held all of the broken tools, broken car parks, and jerry rigs that the previous owners of our cars did. I had an oil pump drive shaft that looked like a drill bit, pieces of old valve seals that ended up in the oil pan (Ford special?), a spark plug that left it's ceramic housing in the block, a couple of cheap ratchets that came apart, a socket that somehow bent, and the chopped piece of electrical extension cord that a PO used for the ignition wiring. I still have most of the bits but took down the board because I needed the wall space. Always good for a laugh.

I use to had a small board like that before I cleaned my garage that we called "the Wall of Fail" that held all of the broken tools, broken car parks, and jerry rigs that the previous owners of our cars did. I had an oil pump drive shaft that looked like a drill bit, pieces of old valve seals that ended up in the oil pan (Ford special?), a spark plug that left it's ceramic housing in the block, a couple of cheap ratchets that came apart, a socket that somehow bent, and the chopped piece of electrical extension cord that a PO used for the ignition wiring. I still have most of the bits but took down the board because I needed the wall space. Always good for a laugh.

I'd to see a picture of the spark plug in the block!!

Why don't you put them on the ceiling?

Flynlady you have agreat attitude and an awesome smile, you're going to do just fine! :thumblef:

We have open rafters in the garage so that wouldn't work. I need to do a good cleaning of the garage again soon since I seem to be losing more and more tools lately. When I finish I might put the board up now that we have a new car (the Dart) to add more things to it.

I was able to get the rest of the plug out of the block. It really was funny to pull just the metal bits out. It was during a time when we were adding things to the board almost daily because of all of the stupid things that the PO had done to it. Started out as a good laugh but by the time I pulled the oil pump drive shaft that looked like a drill bit, which was left in the oil pan by the PO after installing a new one, it became less funny and more annoying.

We have open rafters in the garage so that wouldn't work. I need to do a good cleaning of the garage again soon since I seem to be losing more and more tools lately. When I finish I might put the board up now that we have a new car (the Dart) to add more things to it.

I was able to get the rest of the plug out of the block. It really was funny to pull just the metal bits out. It was during a time when we were adding things to the board almost daily because of all of the stupid things that the PO had done to it. Started out as a good laugh but by the time I pulled the oil pump drive shaft that looked like a drill bit, which was left in the oil pan by the PO after installing a new one, it became less funny and more annoying.

WOW, I can only imagine all the crazy things you've seen?

I started with a small set also, just like chips, you can't stop with just one.

Well at least you have a garage. I work out of a 2 car port. If I enclose it then I would have to open the garage door to get into the house. That might not be a bad idea considering it would keep all of the ash and trash coming to beg for money. They couldn't find the front door.

Don't worry the tools will accumulate. I have two rolller boxes filled. I think there breeding, I always find a new one wondering where it came from.

....I have to smile...this is our garage "art". :)

_IGP8609-XL.jpg

-
Back