Car lift. I made up my mind.

-
Sure, a heated/cooled shop is great - but that would cost a bundle just to insulate and install, let alone the costs of maintaining 62... Just how cold does it get up there? (none of that "feels like" wind chill, the actual air temp)?

I don’t want to see the every day drivers. Post up the good stuff.
Well... my 540i (that's on the lift in the pic) has a six-speed manual and a Vortech V-2 blower that isn't working hard (414 hp at the crank. Not bad for 4.4 liters, or just about the size of a 273). It's fun for a daily driver.

The Dart is the next project to put on the lift. I'll be sure to post some pics for you :) Right now the 740iL is on there... I'm doing the timing chain guides, the Achilles' heel of the M62 aluminum engine. It's apart and I'm waiting for the parts. Flat rate labor is 22 hrs! I will probably be able to beat that handily, even though I've never been "inside" this particular V8 ;)

"Y'all remember Alice? This's a song about Alice..." - about 15 minutes into "Alice's Restaurant Massacree"... isn't this a thread about LIFTS? :rolleyes:

Sure, a heated/cooled shop is great - but that would cost a bundle just to insulate and install, let alone the costs of maintaining 62... Just how cold does it get up there? (none of that "feels like" wind chill, the actual air temp)?

Well... my 540i (that's on the lift in the pic) has a six-speed manual and a Vortech V-2 blower that isn't working hard (414 hp at the crank. Not bad for 4.4 liters, or just about the size of a 273). It's fun for a daily driver.

The Dart is the next project to put on the lift. I'll be sure to post some pics for you :) Right now the 740iL is on there... I'm doing the timing chain guides, the Achilles' heel of the M62 aluminum engine. It's apart and I'm waiting for the parts. Flat rate labor is 22 hrs! I will probably be able to beat that handily, even though I've never been "inside" this particular V8 ;)

"Y'all remember Alice? This's a song about Alice..." - about 15 minutes into "Alice's Restaurant Massacree"... isn't this a thread about LIFTS? :rolleyes:

We have a very nice warm front moving in for a few days
86AC1317-0BE6-45D4-A773-CAD412E5BE38.jpeg

Call me when you park your car outside in this: (and occasionally have to turn a wrench or two) :eek:
Notice I don't live there any more (Presque Isle, Maine)...
MaineWinter2.JPG

I park everything outside too (except the Dart, since American Modern requires a locked garage). Unless there's a hailstorm forecast, which was the case when I took that picture.

Anyhow that wasn't the point I was trying to make... the -33F air temp was the interesting part ;)

-
Back