Car models on aircleaners??

-

dusterny

Reaction score
I went to a local show last Sunday and saw a new camero with the hood open stone stock from the showroom. The aircleaner had a model of this new camero on a turntable spinning round and round. I don't know where this started but I really don't like it. I got some friends that do this on their mopars also and I guess I just miss the piont of the model.

I went to a local show last Sunday and saw a new camero with the hood open stone stock from the showroom. The aircleaner had a model of this new camero on a turntable spinning round and round. I don't know where this started but I really don't like it. I got some friends that do this on their mopars also and I guess I just miss the piont of the model.

Darn, here I sit all broken hearted cause I thought we we going to see some Mopar Babe painted on an air cleaner. :color:

They do it just to piss you off. Think I am going to start doing it now too. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't find a model of the car objectionable but I definitely don't like the 2' dolls that are posed leaning on their arms against a bumper. The latest thing is a model of a dog with his leg lifted like he is peeing posed next to one of the tires. I am always tempted to take a squirt right there to make it look more realistic.

It seems weird when **** is too perfect like that....and I was just going to mention those rag doll things that lean on the bumper too.....I don't want anything that looks too "done" or perfect. I never wanna be done. **** starts getting too gay then....

I can't stand the cute c stuff. If you wanna make your car look good . DO A BURN OUT.

I built a model of my Barracuda when I was 16 to match my car. That was in 1985. I used to display it on the aircleaner just for the fun of showing off both cars. ANYWAYS, a couple years ago, I thought about someone accidently closing the hood on it and decided that it would be better to put it in one of those display boxes and sit it on top of my car. Well, it didn't take long for the 90 degree day to turn that little plastic car in that greenhouse into a warped burgundy wreck. LOL...

Cars are cars, Show em off for what they are. Either all done up or in primer. All the other nonsense belongs elsewhere.

Cars are cars, Show em off for what they are. Either all done up or in primer. All the other nonsense belongs elsewhere.

I agree. If you have the Real Thing to show off why bother with some cheezy plastic model. Keep it on your shelf at home!

I think a model would be neat for display unless it was a stock car with a stock model. It would be neat if it was a non stock car with a neat painted model. Creativity is cool IMHO. or it would be cooler if it was a slot car or something. just my take on the situation.

I've got a lot of plastic model kits on display. Even got a couple that I'll kit bash to resemble the real ones. But that's where they'll stay, on the shelf, on display.

I figure, if I'm out with the real one, why bother with the scale duplicate?

It's like having your wife lay next to you in bed and having fun with a blow up doll instead.

-
Back