Car Movie List

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
I am trying to compel a list of movies with only cars from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Below is the list I have came with. Starting with my favorite. Please add to. Thanks!
Bullitt
Smokey & the Bandit
American Graffiti
Two Lane Blacktop
Vanishing Point
Gumball Rally
Thunder Road
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Hollywood Knights
Mad Max
Corvette Summer
Cannonball
White Lightining
Eat My Dust
Viva Las Vegas
Christine
Cobra
Moonrunners
Califronia Kid
Hot Rod Girl
The Driver
Used Cars
Hot Rods to H**l

corvette summer,
Hooper ? The other Burt Renolds T/A movie.

Dragstrip Girl
The Lively Set
The Choppers
Catch me if you can 1989
Bad Georgia Road
Born to Run
Fast Lane Fever

Duel
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
The Fast and the Furious (1955)

Heart Like a Wheel
about Shirley Muldowney

TV Tommy Ivo did the actual driving of shirley in the car
,trivia

More American Graffitti (2nd one)
The Wraith
Vanishing Point 2 remake, newer but very good

damn Keith! I haven't heard anyone else who ever remembered The Wraith! Clint Howard "YOU LOSE THE RACE..... YOU LOSE YOUR CAR!!!" LOL!

the italian jobs 1 & 2 & ronan for european car chases

Does any one remember a movie set in the suburbs of some town where the teenagers of the town rule the adults. Finally the adults have had enough of the teenagers unruley behaviour, and strike back after dark. I can remember an adult carring a base ball bat and smashing some of the teens cars windshields. I believe the teens were driving muscle cars but I can't really remember.

I think the name of an old movie with a Camero in it was Aloha Bobby and Rose, but not sure on the name. Some one may remember it.

You're right on the title, it was Aloha Bobby and Rose - he drove a first gen Camaro and she had a VW.

Does any one remember a movie set in the suburbs of some town where the teenagers of the town rule the adults. Finally the adults have had enough of the teenagers unruley behaviour, and strike back after dark. I can remember an adult carring a base ball bat and smashing some of the teens cars windshields. I believe the teens were driving muscle cars but I can't really remember.

That was "Outrage" with Robert Culp. The main bad boy drove a 56 Nomad and his buddy had a 72 (IIRC) Ranchero. I have the movie but it's been awhile since I watched it so I don't remember any of the other cars .

Exactly.I remember the Nomad and Ranchero now. I've asked so many people if they ever saw this movie and no one has. I was beginning to think I had a dream. Do you know of any vendors that may have it for sale? Thanks JayD.

Do you know of any vendors that may have it for sale? Thanks JayD.

As I remember it was a TV movie. I bought my copy on ebay - don't remember the seller but the price was low and the quality of the DVD was good.

Thanks JayD. It's a little slack here at work today so I'm sort of looking around a little. Found a few places that have it for sale. Thanks.

has anyone seen brewster mc cloud????? robert altman's first film from 70 where shelly duvall steals a new road runner shows air grabber opening up. cool. weird movie, also has a young sally kellerman topless......

Don't forget "DUEL" Steven Spielberg's first movie, With Dennis Weaver trying to outrun an insane murderous big rig driver, with his red 1970 valiant !
(It's out on DVD btw)

Yeah camd64 i remember the wraith too...you guys know don't ya that it's a prototype mopar in that don't you'all ???...ck it out..i have the dvd...i'm pretty sure it is...looks like a pentastar on the front of it to me :)

Yeah camd64 i remember the wraith too...you guys know don't ya that it's a prototype mopar in that don't you'all ???...ck it out..i have the dvd...i'm pretty sure it is...looks like a pentastar on the front of it to me :)

You're right - it is a mopar prototype running a sassy little 2.2. This is what http://moviemopars.www6.50megs.com has listed about it:

The 1986 Vestron film The Wraith showcased a variety of Mopars. The movie featured several Dodge Daytonas, gave a first glimpse of the the Plymouth Sundance (about a year before it was introduced) and a battered '65 Plymouth Barracuda. However, it was the 1984 Dodge M4S prototype sports coupe that stole the show in the movie (donated by Dodge to the film makers).

The 'Turbo Interceptor'
1984 Dodge-PPG Twin Turbo M4S Prototype

This vehicle should have top billing over Charlie Sheen in the film (it was in the movie for about twice as many scenes as Charlie Sheen!). This car is known as 'The Wraith' or 'Turbo Interceptor' in the film. The vehicle was originally a pace car developed by Chrysler and PPG in 1984. Over 30 cars were constructed for the film for various stunts and crash sequences. The beauty version of the car featured a $30,000 paint job. The M4S was a slippery teardrop sports car design that was seriously considered for production. However, Dodge did not produce it because of high manufacturing costs (the marketing people in 1984 saw no market for a high-performance Dodge sports car for about $50,000 -- although the Viper proved otherwise).

The vehicle was track tested and achieved a top speed of 194.8 miles per hour. The car's drivetrain utilized a 5 speed manual transmission out of the '85 Dodge Turbo Daytona. The engine was a stock block, the durable 2.2 liter Inline four used in other Dodge offerings like the Dodge Daytona and Aries. This engine made 400 horsepower thanks to twin Garrett T25 turbos, a twincam Cosworth 16-valve cylinder head and Bosch L-Jettronic fuel injection (this research was later used to developed the 2.2 liter Turbo 4 used in the Iroc Daytona and Spirit R/T). Under normal driving conditions, this engine combination averaged around 27 mpg in the city and over 30 at highway speeds (mileage dropped to around 23 mpg past 150 mph).

Other Notable features on this car are Gullwing doors and its clam shell hood. The really nice part, this vehicle featured a mid-engine layout (very unique for a Mopar). Actually, the Dodge Designation M4S stands for Mid-engine 4 Cylinder Sport. The car also featured a perfect 50/50 weight distribution between its front wheels and rear wheels. It rolled on 15 inch aluminum wheels (depicted with a gold tint in the film). These same wheels soon became optional on Daytona, Acclaims and Chrysler minivans.

Ther was also a movie called The Mechanic (I think). No he wasn't a car mechanic, he was a hit man and I believe it had a Muatang in it if I remember right. Good movie from what I remember. Any one remember this one? Was Charles Bronson in this ?

-
Back