car names

-
After my 340 Dart broke (cracked) it's crank I called it various things.......

I can't post them here.

My absolute fave strip was Fat Freddie's Cat in Chariots of the Globs (or was it Gods)

My '74 Ramcharger is called "Orangezilla". Here's why:

P1011062webdriversidefront.jpg

One of my friends named it and it just stuck. One day I'll get the body work finished and paint it dark blue or something.

The red POS Toyota 4Runner in the background is my daily driver. It's "the toy". It called this because it feels like a freakin' barbie car when I get it in it. I can just about press the clutch, brake and accelerator all at once with one foot.

You sold your wife?????!!!! Wow! Didn't know you could do that. Dumped my 'ex' years ago and kept the house, the kids, and the car. Wonder what I coulda got for her? LOL

LOL

If your ex was like mine, you wouldnt have got much.

I wish I had kept the car and sold her. I would have been MUCH better off.

My 68 valiant drag car is Valiant effort, cause it take's one to keep this thing on the quarter mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:snakeman:

My 69 Dart is Beastie. Why? When it arrived here on a truck from Kansas the first thing my wife said was "What a Beastie". Next day my best friend shows up and the first thing he says "What a Beast". Ended up talking to a previous owner he ends up saying "That things a real Beastie for a 340". So there ya have it "Beastie 340" or "The Beastie" as I've come to call it. Last one was called "Merlin" but that's another story.

My first car was a 67 galaxie, and it was called the ship, or the land yaht.

My 73 dart sport is called the Betsie. cause she's a betsie

I had a green 71 scamp, and it was called the green hornet.

My 440 duster is getting the name the banana from my freinds, or bumble bee. but I hope those names don't stick.

Phil

I had a yellow sporty and everyone called it the banana bike and no it didnt have a banana seat lol

Back in the '70s, a buddy called my '68 GTX "The Beast." It kinda stuck.

One of my first cars was a '65 Skylark that I called "BOB" (Big Old Buick).

I had a '76 Impala called "The Barge".

I had planned on painting my Duster purple and writing either "Grape Ape" or "Atomic Grape" on the side in gold leaf. But the money was never there.

My wife calls it "that piece of crap that leaks oil all over the garage and never seems to run, with all the friggen time and money you spend on it why the hell cant you ever get down the track, why the fark did you buy that thing is the first place, it's friggen orange, ugly and noisy!"

My 74 Swinger is called "Dodges" and my 74 Custom is called "Custom" my 95 metro is called "Metro" all named by my 5 year old neice sort of odd but the kids say hi to the kids with those names everytime we walk by them or get in them my 2 year old nephew even says car ride "dodges" They both live with us for the long term "kids I mean" got in an accident a little while ago and messed up the swinger now its in peices my nephew always says "oohhhh Dodges broken" and my niece says I have to get "dodges" fixed because you loves "dodges" a million and "custom" a thousand. Hopefully this weekend I will get another car I can use the frame on to fix "Dodges" my wife says she will kill me if It's not done by december to pick our first baby a girl.

I had a 74 valiant with a stout 318 back when I was a young pup.

I named the car "Rodney" because everyone called it the "hot rod" 4 door , or the "Rod", so naturally it did not take long for Rodney to stick.
Everybody knew Rodney well because usually he was the car that took all the girls and guys home that could not hold their booze well.

I call the dart, "the dart", and the cuda, "The cuda".

I can't think of anything else to call them, but there will never be another "Rodney" no matter what.

It's funny because I used to show up at numerous party spots and girls would walk up to me and say "Hi Rodney" and I would laugh and tell them "That's my car's name" because at least two or three people would say "here comes rodney" as I rumbled in, but it was a great way to break the ice with new people.
"Rodney" was quite the magnet.

Back in 1987, I had a 1974 Dart Swinger that I bought at a wrecker sale. I originally bought it for a parts car, but it ran so well, I used it for a driver.

I named her Beulah Bob and everyone referred to her as Beulah. No one called her the car or the Dart. It was Beulah.

I brought my daughter home from the hospital in Beulah.

My wife cried when I sold her two years later. I sure wish I hadnt done that!

What did you sell? The wife, the daugther or the car? :snakeman:

Hey burntorange I call mine the dart too! Wonder what the chances of two guys both calling their darts "the dart" ?????? LOL

In high school the cars I drove had names. My Dad's 66 Riviera was known the white whale. Mom's 68 Country Sedan was known as the yacht. It was usually the requested ride for "car load" nights at the drive in. My 67 Cutlass was known as the Hebrew Express. (Used to draft semi's on the interstate and get obscene fuel mileage for a V-8 in those days).

In the service, I shoehorned a 455 into 74 Olds Omega. With 2.56:1 gears out back, it didn't accelerate as quickly as expected. But with all the torque, it kept on accelerating without strain. It would fill the 120 mph speedometer with plenty of pedal left. It was dubbed the Starship and that was the CB handle at the time.

The Demon is simply known as the Demon both for what it is and what it does.

When I'm working on it I call it all kind of names ... like "%$*&%&%#!" and "Why you %&*)$$#&!"

But when I'm just talking to someone it's "my cuda".

Hey burntorange I call mine the dart too! Wonder what the chances of two guys both calling their darts "the dart" ?????? LOL

Well you know us creative people all think the same LOL. I allso call my truck "the truck" And my girl friends neon "the car" I just can't help but come up with these cool names. They just come to me.

I have named all my vehicles! Its bad luck to have a car without a name!!!
71 ford f-100: "old man"
91 jeep cherokee: "chairrokee" ( pronounced chair-okie)
95 jeep wrangler: "little Rio" ( it was a Rio Grande edition)
00 dodge ram sport: "Big Red" (it was dodge ram red)
02 dodge 3500 CTD: "mighty whitey" ( personal plate MYTYT)
02 dakota: "dakkuda" ( combination of dakota & cuda')
01 dodge off road: just "whitey". Its not as mighty as my CTD was.

What did you sell? The wife, the daugther or the car? :snakeman:

I sold the car, divorced the wife, and the daughter grew up and moved out on her own!!

Moral of the story: Keep your car! Wives leave, kids grow up and leave, but cars stay with you through thick and thin!

-
Back