car parts in Cuba????

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
I know they use lots of old american made cars there,,wonder what the chances would be of scoopin a few small parts like marker lights,,arm rests and such,,,,,anyone try this on vacation??

Cuba closed off in the late 50's - American cars from before the isolation have been prized there since as the replacement import cars were Russian made crap..... so anything left has been well used

Another lesson lerned on this grate site.

FABO :coffee2:

I saw a show on TV, maybe PBS, where someone was going to Cuba to visit and they smuggled a few small parts IN! I believe it was a few tuneup items, maybe a waterpump. Anyway replacement parts are highly prized as they are basically unobtainable. They are very creative in keeping these heaps on the road. Many of them were converted to diesel engines. I guess you can get parts for agricultural equipment.
Instead of getting parts out, you need to figure out how to get them in. You might make a fortune. :thumbup:
Dallas
missourimopar.com

They have some great craftsmen to keep those cars running. Some day things may change....

Fork truck engines are real populat for them to put in the cars once the origianl goes.

-
Back