Car Show Question?

-

Mopar4Play

Reaction score
I am very new to the local Car Show scene and not sure of the rules. How do you decide if your car should be "Stock" class or "Modified" how much can be changed to remain stock? I have after market hood and wheels plus normal upgrades to motor, holley, intake etc.:munky2:

IMG_1727.jpg

I am very new to the local Car Show scene and not sure of the rules. How do you decide if your car should be "Stock" class or "Modified" how much can be changed to remain stock? I have after market hood and wheels plus normal upgrades to motor, holley, intake etc.:munky2:

Under the rules of the club I belong to your hood that is not stock would cause your car to be judged in the modified class, wheel changes are acceptable. Any underhood stuff like headers or intake manifold would also be modified.

Most local shows around here are very stupid. Your car would be considered
stock in there minds. I always put the Duster in modified. Most local shows
here only do it by years. I hate those shows. If it was my car it would be
modified.
Alot of show will let you have up to 3 mods and still be stock. Wheels,
headers, chrome under the hood.
I've seen a 55 Chevy of a local guy in stock class. Non stock paint. wheels
custom interior, 350 engine and trans. Not win and complain about other
people in the class.
The Duster is modded enough for me to use the modified classes.
If I don't get anything, I don't care. I go for the fun of it, and talk to
other people.
Just my 2 cents worth. Brian

I agree local shows classes can be a joke. 2 years ago they couldn't figure out where to put me so I was stuck in a special interest class. Guy that won it had a $1000 dollar Hurse with about 2K in crap spread around it, skeletons, spiders, you get the idea.
WTF how does that compare to a 40K, 40yr old pro street car.
But your right its NOT about winning, it the getting out, looking at others cool cars, and having others appriciate yours.

a little local show put it in what ever class you want. they just want your entry fee.

a big chrysler show it would be in modified/light modified .

usually its like 3 modifications then you go in modified.

It's the same around here, you are allowed 3 mods in the stock class, and even the radio is considered a mod if not stock.

In my eyes stock is stock (restored) and even if you can show it in the stock class, why would you? everything that is not stock takes points from your final score and you won't ever have a chance to win, you could be loosing to a Dauphine or something worse.

The show that I go to every Wednesday night during the summer doesn't have specific classes, and thats just how I like it.
I wouldn't want to have to figure out or be forced to put the Dart into a specific class...

As for your car, I'd assume in most cases they'd force you into the modified class, unless they have a light modified class, then that would be appropriate.

The reasons mentioned already are why i DON'T go to car shows anymore,that and the fact their totally BORING...by the way when i did do the car shows "stock" meant "stock"..no modofications what so ever...

:read2: Car shows are like backsides: eveybody has one. Churches, schools, strip malls, athletic and school associations. Usually run by somebody's brother-in-law who has something he drives over twenty years old. If you're going to shows to collect trophies, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. We've got a fellow in our club who scored 98 out of 100 at the Nats one year and he can't even get a yawn at most local meets. It's not surrounded by a dozen poutie babys, four signs, 300 square feet of mirrors, blinking and flashing lights that can be seen from low Earth orbit, and a stereo loud enough to shatter windows. If you're taking a Mopar hot rod to any show run by the local Model A club, tuner bunch, or street rod crowd and the like, don't be pissed if you don't get anything but a quick once over. Go for the chance to make some friends, maybe meet a motorhead neighbor you didn't know you had, or get into a fun conversation with a rookie Mopar owner just looking for a friendly face to answer questions. More than once we've saved a newby from getting fleeced by a local "speed expert".:love7

P.S. ONCE, JUST ONCE, I"D LIKE TO ATTEND A CAR SHOW AND ROCK OUT!!!!!!!!! I can only hear "Little Duece Coupe" SO many times in a year and not have my brain go to Jello:thebirdm:

Thanks for the info! I really don't give a rats as- about the trophy, I do enjoy meeting new people, some of them, sure are some real *** holes though, usally the guys in a local mustang club, Then I just try to leave the same time and catch one at the stop light and then the whole day was worth it.:thebirdm: Thanks for the advice, Modified it will be.

-
Back