Car show season (and the people they bring out) around the corner

-
Me and my dad sitting behind the roadrunner at a show....

"Hey those wheels aren't period correct" Actually they are... they were put on in 69.

"What's up with the mismatched wheels?" It's a nostalgia drag racing thing... "Nobody did that" Ok sure...

"That stripe didn't come on the car stock." Yes it did... was optional. "Never seen one" Now you have.

"Is that a 440?" Nope, hemi... "440?" No it's a 426...

Those are just some of the comments I have responded to.... along with telling multiple parents to watch their kids around the car. They look at me and give me a dirty look... must be cause I'm young and actually know what respect is. I know if I was caught hangin on someone else's car that I'd be in a heap of trouble... but apparently people aren't into that kinda thing anymore... it's ok just to touch other people's stuff. Gotta love the people that try and tell us what's on our cars too.

Luckilly we're nice and smile back and correct them...

My person favorite though (coming from my 4'11" mother). We were pulling out of a show... "Hey, that thing gotta hemi!?" "What do ya think asshole!?" and gives him the finger... I love my mom.

I am sure I will get a ton of stuff once the rampage is out though... already had someone say that my truck was lifted and sits higher than stock... "Dude, I own it... I've been under it multiple times since I got it... it's stock". "No, someone lifted it an inch or two" :thebirdm:

I had a good time one night listening to a guy explain to his G/F or Wife what each gadget, doo-dad, and go fast goodie was on my car.
She kept asking, "What's that?" "Oh, that's the tach", "A tack?", what does that do?
"It tells the engine RPM."..."RPM? what's RPM?", and on and on, it was cute.

Yes, there just as many if not more good experiences out there than bad.

I agree... we love when people come up to our car with their kids and show them things and try teaching them. Even adults like you mentioned... anyone that's really interested. We're always happy to talk to people and teach them things or tell them the difference between a 68 and 69 roadrunner and so on. Those are the kind of people ya like to see.

OK, how about the guy who is an expert or pro in the biz who thinks its ok if HE touches your car. Had one open my hood for me once.....

I agree... we love when people come up to our car with their kids and show them things and try teaching them. Even adults like you mentioned... anyone that's really interested. We're always happy to talk to people and teach them things or tell them the difference between a 68 and 69 roadrunner and so on. Those are the kind of people ya like to see.

AMEN!:angel8::angel5::angel4::angel2::angel1: :angel12: :angel11::angel10:

OK, how about the guy who is an expert or pro in the biz who thinks its ok if HE touches your car. Had one open my hood for me once.....

that's pretty bad but that's nothing compared to this jerk we saw at a show last year. Seemed to think it was ok to let his kid open the door to someone's car and sit in it while he watched. Wasn't our car... don't know who's it was... but everyone else standing there was on him like a fly on sh**. That's the worst I've ever seen.

Then there was a guy who came up to my sisters duster, drunk, and honked the horn. It scared him so I guess he learned his lesson... turned out he and his other friends were mopar people... made some new friends, lol. :cheers:

One time i was at a car show ,and was talking to someone when i looked over at my car to see a women in my drivers seat getting her pitcher taken by her boyfriend.
I walked over and said i did not care if she wanted her pitcher taken in the car but she had better ask the owner first.
She got out of the car and as i was shutting the drivers door she walked to the front of the car and dropped her huge leather bag right on the fender.
I mean a HUGE BAG from like sky high,so high that it made a horrific sound, because it had four big chrome feet on the bottom.
It was so bad that everyone was looking over because they were so shocked at someone getting in someones car in the first place and when the bag thing happened everyone went OOHHHH.
One guy said he would have punched her right in the face if it was his car.
She was still there when he said it but she did not care in the least because she didn't speak a word of english i think.
My car was not damaged ,but you would swear it would have been.:shock:

One time i was at a car show ,and was talking to someone when i looked over at my car to see a women in my drivers seat getting her pitcher taken by her boyfriend.
I walked over and said i did not care if she wanted her pitcher taken in the car but she had better ask the owner first.
She got out of the car and as i was shutting the drivers door she walked to the front of the car and dropped her huge leather bag right on the fender.
I mean a HUGE BAG from like sky high,so high that it made a horrific sound, because it had four big chrome feet on the bottom.
It was so bad that everyone was looking over because they were so shocked at someone getting in someones car in the first place and when the bag thing happened everyone went OOHHHH.
She was still there when he said it but she did not care in the least because she didn't speak a word of english i think.

Ok, ya got me beat... that's now the worst thing I've ever heard.

one time i was at a car show ,and was talking to someone when i looked over at my car to see a women in my drivers seat getting her pitcher taken by her boyfriend.
I mean a huge bag from like sky high,so high that it made a horrific sound, because it had four big chrome feet on the bottom.
It was so bad that everyone was looking over because they were so shocked at someone getting in someones car in the first place and when the bag thing happened everyone went oohhhh.

the champ!?!

Cudaspaz If you like complements I'll give you mine, your car is awesome, looks mean as hell. What kinda mustang is that? LoL

Cudaspaz If you like complements I'll give you mine, your car is awesome, looks mean as hell. What kinda mustang is that? LoL

Ha, ha, It's a BOSS, 360. with a dodge possi rear and a muncie fur speed tremick rock crusher with a trans brake line loc hold down shutter stopper..=P~

The girl and the boy friend would have been skull phucked on the spot.

"Is that a 440?" Nope, hemi... "440?" No it's a 426...

I've only had my car out to 6-7 shows so far and I think I had at least one person at each show comment about the Hemi??? The look on their face is priceless when I tell them it's a small block.

-
Back