Car Skates

-
Hey kenny, I have never used them, but they are definitely on the list. Princess Auto and Crappy Tire have them, but you can buy them anywhere I believe for around $200 for set of 4. The one you pictured...whats the "hook and pedal" for?

I've been thinking about trying the ones out from Canadain Tire. The pedal operates the jack. Bought the tray type skates for CT and they bent in the first 4 feet of moving.

Those in the pic are more than 200 bucks for four. We used similar ones to work on OTR trucks. They have a hydraulic jack that squeezes the two horizontal legs together to jack up each wheel, so there's no separate jack involved. Kinda cuts down on the jacking, you might say. lol They are very nice and work really well.

I got some from Harbor Freight el cheapo. They are strong and do the job. They make it much easier to move the cars around to gain more floor space. They are a little tough to get moving, though, with the weight of a '67 New Yorker on them; it helps to point the wheels in the right direction to get going.

We have a set of 4 from Harbor Freight. We had to haul a Scion concept car with no motor, brakes or steering. Kinda hard to unload car just to find out it is over 300 ft from the unloading area to the display area.
We jacked it up, put 2 under the front tires and towed it with a golf cart.

Piece of cake.

I bought some from Princess Auto,they,re strong and work great($200 for 4)I,ve even seen pics with jack stands on them holding up a car for movement.I,ve never tried this,but would tac weld them on if the car had no suspension.

I got some from Harbor Freight el cheapo. They are strong and do the job. They make it much easier to move the cars around to gain more floor space. They are a little tough to get moving, though, with the weight of a '67 New Yorker on them; it helps to point the wheels in the right direction to get going.
x2 work great!!!

I've tried sets from both Harbor Freight and Pep Boys, both sets broke on 2nd use. One set with an old Challenger. I'd like to find a good quality set.

The set in the picture is what they call "go jacks". I've seen them on operation repo.

I was thinking of buying car skates for the Dart, it looks like an easy way to move the car around.
Give me your thoughts on this.

View attachment 265365

Thanks
Kenny

I have a pair of the real Go Jacks and they had one bad wheel when I bought them used. I replaced the wheel with a shopping cart wheel that matched perfectly. The true Go Jacks will do well on about any solid surface even if it is rough and unlevel. The original design was to equip tow trucks so the could impound illegally parked vehicles where the wrecker couldn't get under the vehicle. I would like to have a second pair.

I wouldn't mind having some with pneumatic tires.

Thanks to every who gave there input, you sold me on them. Now I have to go find my best deal.

Thanks
Kenny

-
Back