Car Title Run Around !! Grrr

-
DusterDude72 is correct TR205

I have done this twice here in MI, very easy and fast! You do need the name of the person whom you purchased the car from though.

I have a bill of sale from the guy I got it from..but the last registered owner is dead and hard to collect the bill of sale from. lol.
I think I am onto a path of what I need to do now.
DusterDude ! thanks for the links. I was checking those out when you posted. Been researching and calling on this all day. It doesnt sound like that form is the same as the TR-205, but I am now working with someone at the Sec of State office that is trying to help me as well. Discovered doing a lein is a no-go deal. So onward.... think I am on the right track now.
The Bonded title is kinda a screwy deal here too. Wouldnt it be great if all the states were the same !

Appreciate all the help people !
Maybe some one in MI needs to buy this car from me for a few weeks !!

-RPM

Maybe some one in MI needs to buy this car from me for a few weeks !!

-RPM

HAHAHA.....if all else fails I am sure one of us here in MI could help ya out or someone in another state that its easier to obtain a title in will help you out.

Either way you will get it figured out!

DusterDude72 is correct TR205

I have done this twice here in MI, very easy and fast! You do need the name of the person whom you purchased the car from though.

It does not have to be the name of the last registered owner though....I can tell you that.

The deal with mine was...I bought the duster from a kid....he said he couldnt find the title and would have to apply for a lost title.....I said ok, I will take the duster and give you half the money now and when you give me the title i will give you the other half.

well....a week went by and he wouldn't answer phone calls or nothing....another week went by and the same deal.

I finally find out that he had bought the car from a guy/friend awhile back and he never received the title from that guy.

anyways...long story short I used the name of the kid I got the car from as the name of the person I purchased it from on the form and all went smoothly.

Normally I don't screw around with a car that has title issues but this was a 72 duster which is hard to come by around here and was very solid for only $500.00 lol....So I jumped on it

I have used the same form in Michigan to get titles. If its under I think 2500 dollar value and its not stolen you get a title clear in your name mailed within a week.

YUP... as long as you state the value of the car in question is under $2500.00 than your good to go.....but they don't send an appraiser out or anything so I am sure you could fudge the value of it if you had a car worth more.

I contacted broadway title just a few weeks ago. They basically told me that the car has to be in running order and you have to have it inspected by a ASE Certified Mechanic and the VIN verified by the Sheriff. Basically they told me that this changed at the start of the new year. All Items must be functioning and there if it came from the factory with it. I have also looked into a bonded title which SOME insurance companies will do this. I checked with State Farm insurance and will not do it nor will progressive. But there are bond agents out there. Basically the state of Iowa requires a $5,000 bond for 3 years. I hope this help.

-
Back