car transport

-

Valiant63

Early A-body Valiants
Reaction score
Is there a car transport section here or does anyone know of a good site to go to to check on car transporting (up 95 on the east coast) that I can go to? I am looking into the possibility of moving three a-bodied cars and a car dolly from Florida to PA.

Thanks 6pk2goDemon. For as much as I use the site and go to the car for sale section, I should have known that the transport section was there, but I didn't see it. I have a post there now. :)

Back in 2003, I used Reliable out of Detroit to ship 2 D/Darts and a '64 Belvedere from Warren, Mich to Port St. Lucie, Florida. Only one of the cars ran so they had to push them around. They also stored the cars at their Canton facility for a couple weeks till we moved into our new house. I think it cost around $2500 ---which I thought was very reasonable at the time. I'd use them again.

There are several websites that you can check out for auto shipping. I did some reasearch when I was buying my car, and was considering Dependable Auto Shippers as Slappy listed in his E-mail. I ended up using Uship, as suggested by Fireball, because I needed to ship a hood, trans, rear end, and other misc parts along with the car. The big auto shippers will only ship the car, not the parts. Uship.com allows you to post your load and have shippers bid on it. The transport company that I used was very small, but he did a great job, and the price was reasonable. Good luck, and be sure to do some research.

BlindSquirrel

-
Back