Carb Bow Question

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I want to put a different air filter on my car but the bow is to short how can I get it taller. I tried to find a threaded nut extension but everything I found was fine thread and this is coarse.

I guess I am calling it the wrong piece. Just at the throat of the carb there is a coat hanger looking piece with a bolt in it. That bolt is fed through the air cleaner housing and tightened down with a wing nut on top. I am referring to the coat hanger piece/bolt. I am not sure if it can be replaced I could not get the bolt out of it.

If you google search "home deopt rod coupling" I think that is what you are looking for. My old slant 6 had that same setup. I think its 1/4 20 thread.

Get some allthread at the hardware store and cut it to length.

DING DING DING!!!!

Danilov-Bells02-789344-1.JPG

The issue was not the all thread. I did buy that and cut it to length. The problem I was having was finding the hex coupler that fit the coarse threads on the existing bolt. I believe it is a 20 pitch thread. I was able to use an 18 pitch that was a little loose but it did work. I have the new air cleaner ready. Just need to paint it and put the intake/exhaust back together.

So you must have a 2bbl. Need 1/4-20 thread coupling from Home Depot and some threaded rod.

-
Back