Carb CFM

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So, according to this video, I don't need an expensive 350 cfm for my slant, I can just slap on a mega common eddy 600 and I will still get what the engine needs.

Interesting

I like the eddy AVS carbs or any vac operated secondary carb, will only pull what the motor needs.

I was thinking about mounting the carb sideways so the front of the carb is facing the driver side fender.

I was thinking about mounting the carb sideways so the front of the carb is facing the driver side fender.
I have mine mounted towards the passenger fender did help vs the stock position, i think either way will work better than the stock position

You will have better success with the linkage or cable setup facing it so the primaries are facing the passenger's side, IMO.

I have a four speed trans and used the jegs edelbrock version throttle cable return spring plate set up, used the later longer dodge ram throttle cable just bent it a bit, adapted to my early a body pedal set up. Will work with carb mounted any position. dont have picture but can see it in vid

You will have better success with the linkage or cable setup facing it so the primaries are facing the passenger's side, IMO.
I think you're right, that's how the factory did it. I had to look it up because you got me thinking about it

07-slant-sixes-2016-DWjr-1024x1024.jpg

Give the engine what it wants and stop using that stupid carb formula! It has never worked for me always ended up 100 or more cfm higher.

This is a very nice posting. So I want to run an Aussiepeed short runner 4 barrel intake or a Clifford 4 barrel intake. Please offer me some options for carburetors for each intake manifold because I want to make a purchase soon. I would like to choose something that work well on slant that has head work porting, bigger valves, and a mild performance cam. Compression ratio 9:1.

-
Back