Carb Guru's Questions about rebuild and tuning

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
I was having a runnability issue with the 41 Chrysler and saw that it didnt have a fuel filter on it, and thought that may have been its issue, it wasnt.

Anyway, i got a filter and rebuilt the carb. It wasnt really having any issue, but it was cruddy inside from sitting 5 yrs.

Its a Edelbrock 1405, 600 CFM, sitting on a Edelbrock Performer manifold, its on a (ahem, cough, cough, 350)

Its got a manual choke, which wasnt hooked up and it never had a issue before i rebuilt it starting cold.

Not really sure if it could be the manifold causing this or the (ahem, cough, cough 350) as my 440 in the Coronet has a Holley 4781, 850 CFM on a stock iron manifold, its had its choke wired open ever since i have had it, and it starts up fine all the time, even when i was using it as a daily driver in all kinds of weather.

Anyway, I am wondering if its the choke or possibly a mixture adjustment, it doesnt have a issue right after starting or when its warm, the exhaust smells ok, not to rich not to lean. It does have a slight hesitation now, right off idle in gear, which i did change the accelerator pump, and can give it a bigger pump shot if needed.

Just wondering if anyone has had a issue like this, i assume the choke wasnt hooked up for a reason.

-
Back