Carb ID help

-

Rob

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it but maybe someone has an idea. I have a 70 Duster with a /6 out of Lord knows what, seems to have mix and match parts off of a whole host of different engines. Anyway the carb is pretty bunged up, ordered a couple different ones and they were wrong. The big difference is it's a 4 bolt whereas all the ones listed appear to be 2 bolt? Anybody got any ideas what this might be or what it's from?

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it but maybe someone has an idea. I have a 70 Duster with a /6 out of Lord knows what, seems to have mix and match parts off of a whole host of different engines. Anyway the carb is pretty bunged up, ordered a couple different ones and they were wrong. The big difference is it's a 4 bolt whereas all the ones listed appear to be 2 bolt? Anybody got any ideas what this might be or what it's from?

Rob...can you find a model number on it anywhere? That will certainly help ID the thing.

...or a pic.

Haven't been able to find anything useful on it yet, it's at my son's, he's working on it, just called to say the fuel pump is hooped so that may be the actual problem. Either that or just another additional problem, more likely.

The big difference is that it's held down by 4 bolts, the 8 possible little carbs it came with appear to be 2 bolt. Why would they have 8 different little dinky carbs, no wonder my kid curses Mopars anytime he has to work on one. :munky2:

Thanks, we'll try that year range but it isn't a 2 barrel, just the one lung

One big barrel with a flat spot in front where the float usually is. Nothing on this motor matches, every single part I've had to get has been a horror show, spark plugs, cap, rotor, everything is a mismatch requiring multiple trips to the parts store. :munky2:

Nobody here seen a one barrel, 4 bolt carb before? :munky2:

. Why would they have 8 different little dinky carbs, :munky2:

Well,sometimes they have different carbs for manual and automatics, altitude differences, emission considerations, among other things , due to gubmint regs for the year of car and engine...but, I agree...8 models is just too much!

:toothy10:

We got it, I thought it was a one barrel but when I talked to my my son again, he said it was a two, and then using 65Val's date range we were able to get one. It's a 1978, not exactly the same as the one that was on it but close enough. Anyway it is alive :-D

-
Back