Carb linkage for 64 Dart

-

Thumpower

Reaction score
I have a 64 GT and PO swapped in a replacement engine. The carb. linkage looks like some parts are missing... Can anyone post a pic of the proper stock linkage so I can see what it is supposed to look like? Dart has a typewriter.

Slant 6? If so, hopefully these help - first is overview from driver's fender, second shows return spring anchored to bell housing, third shows firewall where pedal linkage attaches to throttle linkage.

Attachments

• IMG_4293.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4295.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4297.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 157
Does the swapped in engine have the right style of carb for the mechanical linkage?
You may want to use a 67-up setup if the carb is later style

Slant 6? If so, hopefully these help - first is overview from driver's fender, second shows return spring anchored to bell housing, third shows firewall where pedal linkage attaches to throttle linkage.

Do you have pix of where the linkage attaches to the carb - that is where the confusion is. Thanks!

Sorry - I took that setup off the car right after I shot those pix for you...and cut the end off the throttle linkage to prep it for the Offy dual single barrel intake.

your third pic is showing the linkage going to the kickdown at trans. by the pics from what i can see, the throttle rod attaching to carb looks right. the end of that rod should go into a plastic busing type thing. if missing some people try to use a piece of small rubber hose. not the thing to do.

-
Back