carb ports

-

JimD

Reaction score
There is 3 small ports on my 63 slant 6, one goes to the dist, one is on the back of the choke , the other is on the valve cover side, do these loop? , if not where do they go, thanks Jim.

ok so there should ba 3/8 port facing the V/C... this is for the PCV system...

as you said one port is for the choke vacuum pot and the other goes to the dizzy...

all separate lines...

does it have power brakes or a nipple on the back of the manifold?

there are 3 small ports , I have the 3/8 line to pvc hooked up , what port does the dist line go to, and forgive my ignorance, but what is a dizzy, can anyone show me a pic, Jim

there are 3 small ports , I have the 3/8 line to pvc hooked up , what port does the dist line go to, and forgive my ignorance, but what is a dizzy, can anyone show me a pic, Jim

dizzy=distributor...

i have a stocker out back i'll go take pics for ya...

ok so my carb (holley 1920) had two small ports and one big...

if you dont have any other vacuum lines layin around i would just hook up these two (and plug the other)... and the PCV

P.S. little one next to pcv is for the dizzy

Attachments

• 0422111722.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 132
  • 0422111723.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 138
Show us a photo of the one you have. Carter? Holley?

the only other vacuum line that size that i can think of was off the rear runner off the intake that went to the heater box...

EDIT: unless its a smog carb for the EGR...

I have a Holly , where does the one you showed, the cannister in back of the choke , where does that line hook to, and thanks for all your help, I do have a manual, but it doesn't show the lines, Jim.

I have a Holly , where does the one you showed, the cannister in back of the choke , where does that line hook to, and thanks for all your help, I do have a manual, but it doesn't show the lines, Jim.

just follow the tube hooked up to it... you can see the end of it... tube broke so covering most of the nipple

Can't see the photos with that link......must have to be a member or something......

many many thanks again for all the help, I have to learn how to post pics here. At my age 70 its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Most times I have to have the grandkids do stuff on the computer for me, Jim.

many many thanks again for all the help, I have to learn how to post pics here. At my age 70 its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Most times I have to have the grandkids do stuff on the computer for me, Jim.

well a crash course!

when you post or reply you have a bunch of buttons above where you type...

ok so there is a black paper clip, third from the right on the top row, click it

now a menu will come up and there will be a bunch of blanks with browse buttons next to them...

click it, then go to your pictures and click on the photo you want

once ypu do that it will automatically go back to the menu with all the lines and browse buttons, hit upload and wait for it to say complete!

then you are good to go

-
Back