carb question

-
i changed the linkage from the gas pedal and what a difference. im going to keep the carb. but i cant figure out how to adjust the vacuum choke. it always stays open. where can i get an electric choke conversion ?

Do you have the factory mechanical "well" choke with a vacuum pull off? Pictures? You can use any Carter / Edelbrock electric choke conversion. You may have to drill and tap the bosses on the OEM carb, 4401s. I like the factory choke setup better though. You are talking about the Choke on the front barrels and not the "Secondary Air Valve" over the rear barrels?

here are the pictures. the motor is cold

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 253
  • carb 6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 248
  • carb 3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 252
  • carb 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 243
  • carb7.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 238
  • carb5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 237
  • carb4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 255
You are missing the choke that goes into the "well" that closes the choke. Get that and you should be good to go.

can you post a link to the electronic choke ? the money they want for the manual choke is crazy !!

can you post a link to the electronic choke ? the money they want for the manual choke is crazy !!

$50 ? Really, you should have priced them before they were reproduced, at least double. Anyway, you could try to find used on eBaybut I'd spend $50 and be good for the next 45 years. Anyway the conversion is more and requires drilling and tapping the bosses on the side of the carb. A little scary but I've done it, to run an AVS on a non stock intake manifold. I'd never consider it for an OEM HP AVS on a stock intake.

Here is a link

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1478

Good Luck

i have a manual choke but need the clip to hold it to the carb. not sure which one i need. here is the picture of my choices.

top or bottom one ???

Attachments

• DSC00577.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00578.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 108
i have a manual choke but need the clip to hold it to the carb. not sure which one i need. here is the picture of my choices. top or bottom one ???
Do you mean the factory well choke or a cable operated hand control choke? If factory, the bottom looks good, try that and make sure it moves freely throughout the range of travel.

Try the bottom one but check it for travel. It should always close the choke all the way cold till it starts.

Try them both. Whichever one fits, there it is.

If you use a Holley carb, (I would) be sure to use proper Holley throttle lever extension to give correct
Pedal/carb geometry.

Sorry, I didn't see that you already decided. But if you don't like the thought of spending $50
to fix your existing carb, you would surely hate the price of a new Holley. Good luck & happy
hot roddin'.

-
Back