carb rebuild kit?

-

scampy72

Reaction score
hey again guys.

anyone know where i can get a rebuild kit for the one barrel holly on my scamp? i believe its the 1920.

any help is great

thanks
-marc

PS one with instructions would be great cause ive never done it before lol

I don't wanna hijack your thread but I was actually wondering myself where members get their rebuild kits (the ones who do). I was looking for one for my 74 Duster slant six.

:dontknow:

ive seen a couple on ebay but not sure if theyre good, they are from a company called tomco

Ditto I found a couple on ebay but also not sure if they should be trusted. I looked on yearone.com with no luck (unless I missed it) and Layson's restorations, also no luck.

I just ordered a Walker kit from O'reilly auto parts. I'll let you know how it goes. SlantSixDan has some good info on rebuilds here

Dan also recommends a company to order from in this thread
He usually has good advise so I thought I'd pass it on.

Advance Auto has them for $55......way too rich for my blood.

decided to try the walkker kit from oreilly well see how it goes. any tips for a first timer?

:hello2: Take your time....pay attention to all the little parts...understand your float settings....replace float while you are already there ( I got ro rebuild 2 times because of a faulty original float :-()
...and lastly enjoy working on it....

:hello2: Take your time....pay attention to all the little parts...understand your float settings....replace float while you are already there ( I got ro rebuild 2 times because of a faulty original float :-()
...and lastly enjoy working on it....

Ditto on the float. It'll be saturated with fuel from all the years of use.

I bought one at Autozone for 14 bucks about 40 days ago. They stocked it. Said Jiffy kit on the side and came with both accelerator pump diaphragms.

bump, kit is coming tomorrow, just need to know if spray cleaner will work r should i return it and get the stuff in the barrell?

bump, kit is coming tomorrow, just need to know if spray cleaner will work r should i return it and get the stuff in the barrell?

If the carb is only slightly dirty (less than a year since last rebuild), spray stuff will be adequate. If it is more than that, you'll need both types.

kay thanks, i guess i need both then as im not sure when it was last rebuilt and its pretty dirty, so should i spray the outside and soak the inside or what?

The whole carb gets dunked in the bucket-type cleaner after you disassemble it fully (remove the main metering block, remove the plastic power valve operating lever from the main metering block, remove the choke pull-off and the economizer and all other plastic/rubber parts, then after it's been soaked long enough to clean up the gunk, you "rinse" off the dip-type carb cleaner with the spray type cleaner, and likewise rinse out the passages and ports with spray carb cleaner. The dip-type stuff is very toxic and nasty, see here for necessary precautions while using it. And don't leave the carb parts in it for too long or you'll strip off the coating that prevents the potmetal castings from corroding.

they can look it up by your vehicle/carb... stay away from the plastic looking ones, use only the brass ones (they last longer)

There are no brass floats for Holley 1920 carburetors, only Nitrophyll (foam). The correct one is a Walker #100-14.

is walker the only one or would one of the ones on the page i listed be right?

i just called advanced and the lady told me something that i think is a bit off.....

she said they cant tell which would be the exact part, but that since they are all holley parts one SHOULD fit. said it was a 50/50 shot :-|

she did however say that if i take out the float the pics are the exact thing i would be buying so i could do that.... [-X dont think so

so help!
ill look up the walker part too.

-
Back