compression should be around 9.2 - 9.3
stock crank and rods
the cam is xe268h-10 gross lift is .477 intake .480 exhaust
duration @ .050 224 intake 230 exhaust
single plane aluminum intake
596 heads ported intake flowed 232cfm's exhaust i don't remember

Any input will be helpful

Thanks

feel about a 600 cfm Edlebrock is about the right size for you. I would get a jet kit for it too, and maybe if you want for a few more bucks the AVS model has adjustable secondairies.

These carbs are easy to setup and the metering rods work well on the street for mid range driving. Holleys are Ok too, but they seem to be a little less consistant with street driving as far as staying in tune goes.

fyi stay on the smaller side rather than the large side of the CFm curve, the responce is much better for you..

I vote for another 50 cfm. But I'm with DJ.

What ever carb you desire, I'd look at a 650 cfm carb. I like the AVS carbs alot. The rod and jet kit should be purchased for tuning if it is off when it's OOTB. Try it OOTB first.

What single plane are you running? You may want to also look into squirter size. Carter back in the day offered a 3 pack of squirters to help with the pump shot. If your plenum is large, you may need it.

Well here is my tcw. You did not state if it will be street, strip or both. I have run a 360 build close to yours, mine has slightly more cam (530 solid) but not driven on the street. I have run three different carbs. Holley 650: this carb had super response, the best 60 times but lowest mph. The motor would not pull as hard as bigger carbs at high rpm. Very easy on the motor and oil. Holley 750: was best overall performace with almost as quick 60 times but 3 mph more at top end than the 650. The 750 never loaded the motor and never hesitated, still would have been streetable. The largest I ran was a 850 Holley. This carb had the slowest 60 foot but had 2 more mph at the finish than the 750. The overall et was not as good as the 750 but slightly better than the 650. This carb would hesitate at times if not jetted small. It was too large for my comb. Since you have an open intake you will need a fairly loose converter to run the larger carbs. If you converter does not have much stall, stick with a 650.

You make a very good point Ray. Many times the info list is missing what you mentioned and the owners goal.

I rtied to give an answer based on the info. With the low compresion and mild cam, it seemed street bound more than anything.
(I'm never thrilled if I have to start reading into things. It can leed to mistakes.)

Your notes on the carb sizes and performance are excellent. Something I try to portray to people. Along with tune tune tune.

it will be for the street.
will be starting on the trans in a few weeks.
going with a 904
2200 - 2400 stall
cheetah valve body

Whichever carb you went with, I would change to the dual plane. Much better response with that set up.

I have a 360 in my 68 Barracuda. It's 10.6:1 compression, XE268 cam, dual plane, headers.

I have had a Holley 600, Holley 670, Demon 725 and Holley 750 on it. The only 1/4 mile times I have on the car are with the 600 and have a best of 13.7 @ 102 with amiserable 2.2 60' time.

By the butt dyno you can feel a definate advantage to the 725 and 750 over 4500 rpm but below that the throttle reponse of the 600 made the car much more enjoyable to drive. The Demon 725 was especially bad below 2000 rpm and BG's tech line was useless.

I recently picked up a Street Avenger 670, this has to be the closest thing I have ever come across to a drop on and go carb. Tweaked the choke and played around with the secondary springs but have never had the bowls off. Anyway, the but dyno can't feel any difference on the top end compared to the 725 or 750 and the low end throttle reponse is as good as the 600. Plus, it gets 5 mpg more than the 750 and 2.5 more than the 600.

I don't know if all the Street Avengers are made this way but the unique thing is the primary venturi's are smaller than the secondaries even though the have the same size throttle blades. The smaller venturi is likely why the low rpm throttle response is so good.

and thats what he should get for his 360 - 670 Street Avenger - drop on, set idle, GO.

That would be a good carb to use. (Street Avenger)

Holley street avengers also use annular discharge boosters on the primary side. This helps atomize the fuel and prevents puddling. It also leads to better fuel mileage (as dgc333 already mentioned) and superior throttle response.

Angular, thats when the booster dipd into the venturi a bit right?
Straight leg booster, runs straight out. 90* angle?

Just for it to be crystal.

I ended up getting edlebrock 650 AVS from my parttime job for $293. thought that was pretty good deal??

is there any tips for set-up

i haven't got the rod and metering kit yet. i want to see how it runs OOTB.

The instruction manual is actually preety good from Edelbrock. Take the time to read it through first, then take your time doing it. You'll be OK.

Good! Keep us posted.
(I bet you move the pump arm to the closest hole...he he he.)

I would double check the float levels before bolting it on. Then run it for a week or so before you start playing with it.

I ended up getting edlebrock 650 AVS from my parttime job for $293. thought that was pretty good deal??

is there any tips for set-up

i haven't got the rod and metering kit yet. i want to see how it runs OOTB.

I think you made a good choice for it.

Angular, thats when the booster dipd into the venturi a bit right?
Straight leg booster, runs straight out. 90* angle?

Just for it to be crystal.

I think what you're thinking of is the difference between straight leg and down leg boosters.

Annular boosters have a series of holes cast in a circular pattern on the inside of the booster. Standard boosters have just one large hole for fuel to flow through. Most of the annular boosters that I've seen are also of the down leg style. :study:

Ahh, thats right. I forget these things. I should have remembered, I have a discontinued 2 piece Holley. What did they call them things....???
I need the secondary cluster for the smaller spreadbore version.

-
Back