Carb spacer

-

Pentarockstar

Reaction score
mildly modded 69 340 swinger. Has LD340 and Holley 650 DP. Pretty tight clearance between air cleaner and hood. Pretty sure I can get away with 1/2 spacer. Any ideas on type (open, 2 hole, 4 hole) and brand?

Thanks!

Divided two hole will match the intake manifold.

The only spacers I run are HVH super suckers. Reverse ball milled. I've never seen an engine that didn't make more dyno hp and tq after bolting one on

69 318 Barracuda, Holley 750, Air Gap, stock mounts and engine placement. This combo works with room to spare.

Edelbrock 9266 Heat Insulator Gasket
Air Breather-new Edelbrock 1223

@James Brooks: Thanks for the idea! I will try it.

@69FBCuda: That sounds like a mean combo. I like the idea of a heat insulator. My car does run better when it is still cold.

A 1/2" divided spacer will make very little, if any, difference you can feel. An open spacer connects both plenums..& the engine pulses. May be a little more top end, with a slight loss at the low end.

Spacers need to be tested, results vary per engine.

What I took away from the Engine Masters spacer test was:
Use a four hole on a single plane intake.
Use an open spacer on a two plane.
As always, your results may vary.

@James Brooks: Thanks for the idea! I will try it.

@69FBCuda: That sounds like a mean combo. I like the idea of a heat insulator. My car does run better when it is still cold.
1.5" to spare
1669762180910.png

Engine masters is awesome! Real information done in a reliable manner that anyone can use.

No i doubt a spacer is going to turn my 340 into a blown Hemi. But if i am going to use a spacer to help with a hot carb, I might as well get something that will give a little pep along the way.

With that said. I would like to get the tallest spacer I can.

Thanks 69 FB Cuda for info on how yours fits under your hood.

-
Back