Carb swap questions

-

74darts

Reaction score
I posted the other day asking about swapping a 1bbl to a 2bbl on my 225 dart sport. I have a super six intake and what wondering what all I need to do the swap. I keep hearing from mechanics around here that I need a different throttle linkage, could I pull it off of a 2bbl v8 at a junk yard?

I would also recommend finding a super six exhaust setup. Here's an extremely helpful link: http://www.slantsix.org/articles/supersix/article.htm

Read up and research! Pull-it-yourself car yards might have the components, or if you are a machinist, fabricate your own linkage!

Is your car manual or automatic? If its automatic, you definitely need a kickdown linkage. The original carb with a super six was the BBD, very reliable in terms of design and function.

You'll notice a night and day difference with the 2bbl on the slant six. I for one would love to do the setup. The best advise is to take your time and do research. "Do it once, do it right." is the attitude I always take.

Best regards!

There is no difference in the exhaust manifolds for the 1 bbl or super six 2 bbl, as far as flow. The difference is in the manifold heat control valve and the choke pocket, which is not a major deal breaker.

I have seen the one barrel kick down rod rebent to work fine on a super six.
You also want to Pull the throttle cable from the V8 car, it's a little shorter,fits better.

-
Back