Carbon Fiber

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
I work at a company that makes fiberglass and carbon fiber sheeting for other companies. I was looking at the carbon fiber sheeting (we have several yards here and there that are thrown away) I am painting my car a gunmetal greyish silver. I was noticing how the light hit it and made it a silver or black depending. The dash pad in my car I was thinking would look cool with carbon fiber sheeting wrapped around it and it would play off the black interior and gunmetal greyish silver color. My current dash pad i cracked and I was going to clean it up and smooth it then wrap it, or at least thinking about it. What do you guys think?????

I think its a HORRIBLE idea, thats why I did it LOL.
Andrew

dashpad#13.jpg

dashpad#12.jpg

dashpad#16.jpg

dashpad#17.jpg

I would say do it.. And if you have any extra you should send it to me.. I have some uses for it.

I'll keep that in mind, what you got in mind?!?!?!

How much are we talking here? and what weave? that would dictate the uses. I was thinking a shift boot, All sorts of heat shields and stuff.. Actually my mind goes nuts just thinking about all the stuff you could use it for!

Well it depends what they are making the order for. They only make it for special orders so I will have to wait for the "good stuff" but if I can get it free it'll be worth the wait

But when they do make it it's like 1,400 or more yards of it! We mostly do the fiberglass sheeting for industrial companies. Look it up v2 composites auburn, al

Well it depends what they are making the order for. They only make it for special orders so I will have to wait for the "good stuff" but if I can get it free it'll be worth the wait. But when they do make it it's like 1,400 or more yards of it! We mostly do the fiberglass sheeting for industrial companies. Look it up v2 composites auburn, al

Yes, It would definitely be worth the wait! I looked it up it looks really cool! I would also be willing to work up some stuff for you in exchange for the material.

Yeah like I said don't know when we will be producing the good quality high thread carbon fiber stuff. Not sure how much they'll let me get of it either, but we will see man

Great thread. I make prosthetic legs and I'm always thinking about what would look good in carbon fiber.

-
Back