Carbs

-

dartman1965

Reaction score
I have a mild 318 (mild purple cam,360 heads,LD340int.3.55 sg,man valve body ) . I need a new carbfor this combo.Do I use the new holley 3310 or do I use a 625 carter? Will I run into problems with the 3310 being to big or can I just jet it down ?Just cant make up my mind.

I would think the 625 Carter would work great for your combo. 750 seems like too much, maybe jetting it down would help, one good thing, if you build your engine up more, you can always jet it back up and still have a great carb.

you cant just jet a carb down to make it smaller tho you have to get the a/f ratio correct so it may work good but if its to big a smaller carb may perform better with the correct a/f ratio.

600 Edelbrock would work real well. There inexpensive,easy to tune, and everywhere.

I'm with the smaller carb for driveabilty and response at the throttle. But the 750 (3310) can be jetted to run well. You failed to mention the cam size or part number. Tire size would help as well.

I'd go with a 750 cfm carb and take the time to tune it.

I am with Rumblefish. The 750 would be ideal if you take the time to tune it to the engine....although I also agree with the 625 Carter being closer to "your" tune straight out of the box.

If you want bolt-ability go with the 625....if you have the ability to tune the Holley 750, get the Holley and I think it would work well....I prefer Holley's over just about everything else...they are just so darn easy to work on/tune.

The tire size is 195 /70 14 and I cant recall the cam size.It does have a little bit of an idle.I do have all the stuff to tune the holley so that is not a issue.

-
Back