carbureted 5.7 - 6.1

-
If you run with a carb that should do it for the engine side of things. Not sure about the trans though. You'll probably need some sort of kickdown linkage, but if you run a carb I think you can use a stock one from what I've heard. You'll also need to wire in an electric fuel pump since the hemi has no provision for a mechanical.

cool....my 727 already has the Lokar kickdown cable which is already hooked up to the demon carb. will be ordering the flex plate and sump from Mancini.
the Wayfarer being Australian is right hand drive and has a big heavey steering box attached to the RH chassis rail. this will be removed and replaced with a rack and pinion setup. this will make the header fabrication job soooo much easier.
engine bay is same as 69 dart. going to pick up the 5.7 next weekend. can't wait.
looking at the XV intake. a bit pricier than the mod man.

any advice on where to sorse a cam and lifters etc. keen on something like the comp 273. the Hughes ones look good for the price, but can't supply a exchange core. also do i need to swap the retainers and locks if i change springs. do i need to change springs. motor is a 08.

cheers

Depending on what you want to do for a hood the XV intake might be the better way to go, although I hear it's about the worst for power. I have the Indy intake on mine and I'm having a fair amount of trouble getting enough air into the carb under a stock hood. A scoop would make things way easier though. I've heard the XV intake is pretty down on power all across the board, though it may start catching up in the higher rpms. I saw the Indy tested on TV on a stock 5.7, but only heard the top end numbers, they didn't show the graphs. They ended up with about 400 peak hp and torque on a stock rebuild with a set of headers and electric water pump with no accessories. They put a cam in on a later show and I think they were up closer to 450.

yeah...heard that about the XV intake. the MP item is just too darn pricey for my wallet. are you running a single or two fours on the modman. my bonnet has a power bulge directly above the carb, so should be all good.
on the headers side of things i see indy do flange plates in 1 3/4" for the 5.7 and 1 7/8" for the 6.1. would it hurt to use the 6.1 on the 5.7. i'm thinking that the slightly bigger size at the port exit it will scavange a bit and help flow.

I'm running a single quad on my Indy setup. I just reused the carb that was sitting on my 318 (a Carter Comp 625 AFB) to save some money for the time being. From what I've seen and read it's pretty much the right size for a stock engine anyway and hasn't given me too much trouble. Need to get it tuned up one of these days, just need the money.

originally i was wanting to keep the efi and use my 727. i emailed Bouchillon and this is there reply. thats what changed my mind about efi.

using a 727 makes it just a bit harder, but custom harness, NGC programmed PCM (not programmable), 2- O2 sensors, air charge sensor, special APP (accelerator Pedal assembly),brake light switch, would be approx $2700-3000.00
Thank You
Bouchillon Performance Engineering

read posts about the MS3 and harness. less than third of this price.
i'm just about ready to call it quits and stick with the 360la.

Don't call it quits. I just saw your post about a cam. Look up inertia motorsports. They have a few cams to choose from. I know it gets frustrating, but you will love a Hemi in the end over the 360.

it's been a bit like this](*,)but i reckon i'm not the only one. i've never done so much reserch in my life. will look at inertia.
cheers

I'd emailed the gent that did this a few years ago. Apparently, he modifies a Hemi truck front cover to take a GM HEI distributor. Says it works great

Oct16_783_detail.jpg

Picture_036_detail.jpg

Greg

Does anyone know how to get ahold of this guy id like to have this done to my Gen III front cover? Is this person in the states?

-
Back