Carburetor 101?

-

Stepper

Reaction score
Yes, this is a very entry level question. : )

Does anyone either know of a good book or an existing write-up somewhere (I looked and couldn't find one) about how Carburetors work?

Ideally, I'm looking for something that would cover the various parts, their functions, which parts are changeable (ie jets), vacuum vs. mechanical advance, functions of the bowls, explanation of primaries...secondaries...etc.

I have a high level understanding of them, but I'm hoping to get my hands on something that I can really sink my teeth into and come out of it finally understanding all of the lingo and functionality of various carburetors.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Super Tuning and Modifying Holley Carburators by Dave Emanuel has good info on how carbs work. It's geared towards Holleys but the basic info is the same. Also, lots of info can be found on the internet. Just search for something like "How Carbs Work". 8)

SA Designs also has a book on Carter/Edelbrock that is fairly technical as well! Color pictures and everything!

John B.

Here's a laundry list from google. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=how+carburetors+work&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&oq=how+carbu"]how carburetors work - Google Search[/ame]

-
Back