carburetor spacer.

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
So, motor is finished and running, everything seems to be good but I'm fighting the kickdown linkage. Doesn't run in plane and the throttle cable doesn't quite reach. The car originally was set with a 360 Magnum crate, M1 mopar single plane manifold and a holley 750 with a 1" carburator spacer. The motor was rebuilt with a rpm air gap and a Holley 650. Do I really need the spacer? Does it help me in any noticeable way. This is a street car, probably won't see any track time and 6000 to 6500 max RPM. Any input?
Thanks.
Jim

Hopefully you have a 4-hole, because that would give better throttle respose than an open spacer.

As far as "needing" a spacer, a 4 hole still should help for your street/strip application. But you would need to experiment with jetting and accellerator pump squirters & cams to optimize the combo. Regardless of what intake, spacers and carb you use, it can help to experiment. Any changes you make can alter the "optimum" carb tune up.

How much performance change you notice from any changes depends on how far off the tune-up is to begin with, with or without the spacer.

Any way to modify the throttle cable bracket to allow you to keep a 4 hole spacer?

-
Back