Carcraft Street Machine Nationals in Du Quoin, IL

-

superbee6

Reaction score
Street machine Nationals is in Du Quoin Illinois this weekend. Even though the Monster Mopar weekend is in Indy this weekend too, I've seen a few mopars here. In the past, this show was legendary for partying and cruising, huge fun, waiting for this show to come to town was worse than waiting for Christmas. So far this year, and it is only Friday, what a bust!!!!:banghead: More cop cars than anything else. Typical, the neighboring towns roll out the red carpet and all the cars and $$$$ go there. Hope it gets better. Heading out there tomorrow to look at the cars. Supposed to be great weather too, high 70's. Can't ask for better here in S.Illinois.

i can remember gointo it in springfield wow whata blast springfield cops werekool about most of the stuff we did unless it was just plum stupid

LOL, yea, the "Just plain stupid" should get spanked.
The cops around here are pretty co as well. A smokin burn out, OK, ripping a 150 ft stretch of rubber sideways, ahhhh, NO!

Went out there today, tons of cool cars, all kinds too. Used to be maybe 70% pro street. Now there's the whole range. I would have to say a much better Car show than before. Rat rods (sorry for lack of better term), restored cars, prostreet, few trucks, all years, lots of new mustangs and new challengers. Perfect day too, low 80's, light showers at the end of the day. Saw a few Mopars, more than I expected, as mentioned before Monster Mopar weekend in Indy. Over 2500 cars, I heard. We'll see how it is in town tonight. Last night was completely DEAD! They only have a one year contract, I hope they come back next year.

A few pics to give you an idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20130629_120229_575.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20130629_120625_068.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_20130629_123316_458.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_20130629_130549_533.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20130629_135627_149.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_20130629_161025_150.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_20130629_120717_498.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 349
In Du Quoin,I'm not surprised. Used to be,absolutely insane. Miss the Pro Street stuff. Thanks,for posting.

There was a time that I did not miss a Car Craft Street Machine Nationals.

View attachment CarCraftDecals.jpg

I have not been to one since the last decal on the window.

These are still on the window and will never be removed by me.

A lot of GOOD times and memories.

Two of my buddies in Illinois went this year.

They told me that they were told if they were seen on the street in the same car more than 3 times in a night that they would be given a ticket. For what I do not know.

Herb

Yeah, the City of Du Quoin doesn't like out of town people buying gas and food and spending all their money here in Du Quoin. The town is too beautiful to let all those uncivilized car show people hang out here and have a little fun. Instead some of the other towns rolled out the red carpet and said "Come up and cruise". There's a cruise ordinance in just about every town around here. It's on the books for just such an occasion. They don't enforce it unless there's a need, and I guess they needed to for Street Machines. That's the ticket they would have written your friend, a cruising ticket. I lived here in DQ as a teenager for all those shows through the 90's. Great fun. It did get a little too crazy there at the end and they were having some trouble keeping things civil. There was a stabbing and a guy got beat up so bad that they had to fly him to St.Louis. Permanent brain damage. Partying people were walking into peoples' houses, etc. Most of the trouble probably came from more local people, neighboring towns. If you guys thought Bryce Rd was bad for cops, then you haven't seen anything. About every 100 yards down highway 51 there were at least 2 cop cars and 4 cops standing there. City, County and State were all out in 110% full force. I met one cop that was really rude, the others were nice and would talk to you.

Anyway, it was a good show, great weather, the rain held off each day until after the show was over, temp was high 70's to high 80's, humid as usual. A buddy of mine entered his car in the show and he was #2354 and plenty of cars behind him. That's about 1000 cars more than they predicted. For after the show each day, they had bands and camping in the fair grounds this year. I didn't make it out there after hours to check it all out but I heard good things. I think it will grow again next year. Still don't think they'll let them cruise but it would be nice if they did a little.

Bruce

We was there in 83 remember a guy had just finished a early 70,s chevelle .it looked good but he was a jerk.came back on Sunday the back bumper was almost to the back window .he lost it showing off and *** planted it against a tree.

-
Back