Cardboard headliner

-

spadegang

Reaction score
My 72 Dart Swinger has been in damp storage for years. The carboard headliner is pretty ratty. What's the best way to repair/replace.

My 72 Dart Swinger has been in damp storage for years. The carboard headliner is pretty ratty. What's the best way to repair/replace.

rip it out and buy a new one.

get a ABS replacement so that wont happen again.

I just picked mine up from yearone ...abs plastic covered in black vinyl.

year one also does 20% discounts on the weekends.

what ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^said.lol i just put mine in today . awesome

my year one parts catalog shows headliner boards for 73-75 darts and valiant coupes.......maybe you have a late 1972 which would explain the headliner board instead of a bows system.

anyhow...if thats the case....and lets say you want an abs board covered in black vinyl.

the part number will be HB735BLKV and the price is $199.00 in my most recent catalog and shipping I think is about $46.00 and if you order on the weekend and catch the 20% discount ( promo code is WEEKEND ) the total including shipping would be roughly $205.00

hope that helps

My 74 Duster has cardboard headliner that had little water stained and paint flaking. I scraped the loose paint off to get to hard surface. Then I glued a white foam/fabric material to the headboard. I wrapped the edge of fabric around to backside. Came out looking real good. I've got some pictures someplace but harddrive crashed so they are not easy to find.

My ten dollar U pull it/pick your part one was still under 40 dollars repaired, covered in fabric store fabric and installed in the car. A little wide masking tape, a sheet of art store illustration board of the right thickness, a spray can of commercial upholstery adhesive, and an afternoon was all it took.

-
Back