Cardboard Headliner

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My Dart has the cardboard headliner and it needs to be replaced. Who makes these? How do you remove them? The sail panels are shot too. Do these come with the headliner? Thanx for any info.

Fred B

i would think removing them would be easy. now removing them without destroying them. that could be a little bit harder.

The sail panels are separate from the headliner and are held in with plastic clips. The clip slides/locks into a square of cardboard and that piece of cardboard is glued to the sail panel. So if you get frustrated taking it off, the small piece of cardboard will separate from the sail panel which isn't a big deal; simply glue it back on and then re-install the panel.

The headliner would be easier to remove if the rear and windshield gaskets are out.

Removing the headliner is fairly easy if you take your time. Remove all the trim, the review mirror, sun visors, remove the dome light assembly, and the seat belt bolts/trim if you have the shoulder harness. Pop loose the sail panels. It is really easy if the seats are out but if they are still in, tilt forward or back depending on the seat. Roll all the windows down, and the headliner will fit though the windows with a little jockeying around. It sounds like a lot of work, but I know how it works because I took mine out to paint it. It goes in easy, but have someone help you put it back in, it sucks when you are doing it by yourself.

Dante's looks pretty good.

Hope this helps.

I bought a plastic one to put in my 72 Swinger. Never got it to fit right. Finally covered the original with headliner material and installed , looks very nice.

Nice site 65s!Good stuff.It's a good seller??Someone here have bought something with them before?They got a Dash Cap for my Dart!Mine's got a big crack on the center.

-
Back