carlisle events price's up again

-
I agree it's a bummer with the jacked up food. And they know nearly everyone has to eat there.

On the other side, I don't think they can compete with the efficiencies of purchasing and production of a huge national fast food chain that works 18 hours a day almost every day in the same location.
True valid point but im lucky I guess I only live 90 minutes away haha

Are the hotel rooms really $125/night?

The host hotel we have for Spring Fling in the middle of Los Angeles where the median price of a home is over 1/2 million dollars is $99/night.

hotel rooms at carlisle are cheap during the week then go up quite a bit for friday and sat night. they all know when carlisle has an event and the price goes up for every one of them.

as for the food. if you are only going for a day then just pack your own lunch, stick it in a cooler and bring it with ya. problem solved. :) hell we usually bring all our own food and a grill.

I've been going since the very first Mopar only event. I've only missed one and can't wait for this years! Yes the prices have gone up and I suppose there are less vendors every year and they're trying to make up the difference. I've sold a couple cars in the coral and I personally don't think the prices are that bad. I will say the Big Smokies have gone down hill the last couple years.

There was a home cooked food vendor near gate 3. I saw the breakfast special offered. Big Breakfast. It truely filled up the plate. Probably could have fed a family of three.

What is the deal with all the complaining?! C'mon people. Especially from those who are in PA? WOW. Pack a freakin' cooler if you're that cheap. This is the BEST Mopar show - PERIOD. Again, WOW.

Edit: I can't remember which gate, but it's outside the car corral - an outside the gate vendor (probably lives there) sells $1.50 hot dogs and $2.00 hamburgers and $1 can of soda. Is that too much?

What is the deal with all the complaining?! C'mon people. Especially from those who are in PA? WOW. Pack a freakin' cooler if you're that cheap. This is the BEST Mopar show - PERIOD. Again, WOW.

Edit: I can't remember which gate, but it's outside the car corral - an outside the gate vendor (probably lives there) sells $1.50 hot dogs and $2.00 hamburgers and $1 can of soda. Is that too much?

Absolutely not.

I remember going to my first show back in '96. There was no competition for food, just one vendor. $7 bottle of water back then. Fake burgers and a small handful of fries was outrageous.

The only issue I have with Carlisle is the lack of seating or sitting area. Last show I went to was back in '09. Pop went with us. Hot day. He was just out of the hospital for a few months after having three back to back small strokes. We walked a bit and then went to the grandstands to sit until he was feeling better. Went to walk around again, tried to keep him in the shade with the survivor tents and the buildings. Thankfully, some who had a car on display offered him a chair and a bottle of water.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it was our decision to go and we should have planned for it. By the time we through, though, Pop had had enough. He was wasted. Some shade and some sporadic seating would be helpful.

They have scooter rentals at Gates 3 & 5. Also there is a shuttle running up and down some isles.

How much are they at a pro baseball game, Nascar race, NHRA race, etc...?

Don't know about a sandwich but i was at Fenway park last night beer was $9.00..besides a baseball,hockey,nascar or nhra event is wayyyyyy better then some car show=boring..

Don't know about a sandwich but i was at Fenway park last night beer was $9.00..besides a baseball,hockey,nascar or nhra event is wayyyyyy better then some car show=boring..

What are you doing here then ???

The best place I found to eat at Carlisle is the old style diner just across the road from the gate in the corner of the swap meet. Can't remember the name but close to the gate and a big meal for a reasonable price. Last year I had my big meal of the day there and had a small dinner later and saved a lot compared to the vendors under the bleachers. Better food and more selection too!

Yes, the diner near the gate, across from the retro "dealership". Great food, nice staff, great prices. it's the best.

This is one of this first cars I saw the first year. Its been worth it.

You want good food and plenty of seating stop by our pit spots at Mopars@e-town in August we cook some excellent food and lots of chairs:D:D

-
Back