Carlisle Experience and buys

-
We have been going to Carlisle since the late 70s. This year was first time for Chrysler only

it’s only been a year since we purchased our 72 Duster and 69 Roadrunner. I’ve been a life long fan but there was never an abundance of them in this area. Harsh winters with tons of road salt .

I expected more cars for sale?

For the amount of cars on the fairgrounds at least it seemed few were there strictly to sell?

.Trying to get the wife to come off her 56 Chevy gasser so we can have an all Mopar family. View attachment 1715957261View attachment 1715957262View attachment 1715957263
That 56 is a beauty! I wouldn't let that one go!

Probably does. That is the business he is in. He can’t pay retail and sell retail, he won’t be doing it long. I have bought from him a few times. Always tough to come by items. Prices in line with anyone else who had the same parts. Always very good to deal with. His contacts help secure the deals ahead of time.same with many of the bigger vendors….Swingn’

Those level of vendors are last resort for used parts or NOS parts. New repro they sell is not an issue though.

You still need good pictures of NOS. Stuff goes bad in box or they can returns.

Do not let your guard down buying used parts from these big time pro vendors. Ask for as many picture and details as you would from any other random seller.

Last edited:
Yeah settin on my *** buying from here or the bay.
Waste of time , milage, money driving to Carlisle.
Been going there since the 90s.
If you`ve never been, yeah it`s cool, after you have a bunch of times, it`s old news

when it comes to little stuff or large items, very expensive to buy over internet due to shipping.

Depends each person’s car situation.

If you have a good personal inventory of parts and just maintaining the cars you’ve had/done for some time…

Depends each person’s car situation
Exactly, If your needing fenders, rear ends etc.
Last time I went the large vendors didn't want the labor of hauling a lot of inventory.
They would take your order and ship.
The whole friggen reason to go there was to save on shipping, thus my attitude:mad:

-
Back