Carlisle July 2010 Caravan

-
I'll be heading down from west of Albany, early Thursday morning. I-87, 287, I-78 to 81. I used to like going down I-88 to I-81, but I'm growing tired of the unnecessary excitement that route can provide.

Plan to leave raleigh friday and head to pittsburgh and leave there early saturday morning. Hopefully can get mopar car or truck thru a rental company. Since my car would not be ready by then.

live in pgh and hope to leave saturday morning. taking the dart if at all possible. maybe we can meet up?

Plan to leave raleigh friday and head to pittsburgh and leave there early saturday morning. Hopefully can get mopar car or truck thru a rental company. Since my car would not be ready by then.

cool, your just south of me. I'm leaving Friday morning as well

live in pgh and hope to leave saturday morning. taking the dart if at all possible. maybe we can meet up?

Hope to pick girl up that goes to school in pgh and take her she never been to a mopar show trying to get her hooked.
First she asked me if she could sit in one of the cars so she excited. Just have to keep money right between now and then.
Wanna take my dart also but that will take away of money got saved. Not sure if would be road-worthy by then. Probably rent a truck and get there early enough to find a good spot to park and just sleep in the truck. If i buy anything big I'll have a way to bring it back to raleigh.

cool, your just south of me. I'm leaving Friday morning as well

Would say would follow you there put Im heading to pgh friday and leaving there Saturday morning.

just confirmed that i will be going and meeting my buddy from north carolina. anyone else staying at the econolodge in mechanicsburgh? thinking i might go down saturday morning , if anyone on here sees a red town and country van with a big white mopar sticker on the back window, then give a honk! my buddy is putting his dodge ram on the showfield and i will ride in with him. hope to meet and say hi to a couple members.

We have a group of four cars meeting at Exit 12 Rt 80 West in Hope, NJ at 5:45 AM Friday. There is a parking lot just off the exit ramp. We will roll out at 6:00 AM and stop for gas and breakfast in Hazelton, PA around 7:45 AM.

Just let me know buddy. I have one for your car and one for my car. Hell, we can even install them right here in my garage. It's a LOT easier for 2 people.

LOL! Thanks bud!

George
Thats a generous offer. Were you guys able to take care of the gear swap?

I just swapped my 3.91s for the 3.23s. It wasn't the most fun I've ever had. 40 or so degrees cooler would have been nice but it will make the drive out to Carlisle much more comfortable. I don't think the car would be too happy at 3000 plus rpm for almost 4 hours (each way) in this heat.

07-06-10_1547.jpg

Thats a generous offer. Were you guys able to take care of the gear swap?

I just swapped my 3.91s for the 3.23s. It wasn't the most fun I've ever had. 40 or so degrees cooler would have been nice but it will make the drive out to Carlisle much more comfortable. I don't think the car would be too happy at 3000 plus rpm for almost 4 hours (each way) in this heat.
No.
I'm not able to go this year unfortunately, and the other George never rang my phone about the gears. I don't know if he's going or not.
I'm really going to miss the show this year. I was looking forward to it for a long time.
Oh well. Next summer.

George

Have fun all, be safe and watch out for deer. I wish I was out east. Sonds like a good time. God Bless!

I am coming from the Turnpike around Morgantown. It would be cool to meet up with a group and cruise out together. I'm going tomorrow around 7-8

-
Back