Carlisle pics

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Here`s a few of the cars in the big red barn (a select few) as well as a few A bodies outside at this weekends Carlisle show. I wish that many of the cars could`ve been photographed with their hoods down but: Oh well, enjoy! Carlisle is one big MOGASM!

IM000195.jpg

IM000196.jpg

IM000197.jpg

IM000198.jpg

IM000200.jpg

IM000201.jpg

IM000202.jpg

IM000203.jpg

IM000205.jpg

IM000206.jpg

Carlisle must be the place to be.:-D
I have never seen so many car's from everyone here at the same place.
I will not be ashamed and ask
where and when will this happen again longgone?

I need to get out more 8)

Mind if I post a link to my album here? I pretty much just have pics of all the a bodies there. Oh and Memike it is once every year around this time. It is a great show, it is so big I couldn't walk around the whole place in two days.

Looks like a great show.I wish that i could have went, but i will be able to go to the mopar nats. Guess i will have to get my mopar fix thier instead! Sweet looking cars!

I found it!! Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral
Oct 1 - Oct 5, 2008. 1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle, PA 17013.
Where have I been all my life!! I will see into going to the one in Oct.
Thanks for the great pictures, It makes me wonder if any of my old cuda's and challengers have been repaired and made it there.

Just a few more........ I know this isn`t Youtube so I`ll save a little room for now `cause I know there`s going to be a lot of people posting photos. I had a blast, went with Fishman and tried to cram everything into one day! Wow, talk about exhausted! I had a brief encounter with Fastfish66 and saw his `Cuda in person...SWEET. I wish I had the opportunity to sit and talk with him but I think we`ll all get to hear more from him... as Mopar Enthusiast is talking with him about an article on his car. There was so much there to see and so many people to talk with. My only regret is that I didn`t have more time ............ and er.. money.:-D A great time though, I wish you all could`ve been there!

IM000227.jpg

IM000226.jpg

IM000225.jpg

IM000224.jpg

IM000223.jpg

IM000222.jpg

Mind if I post a link to my album here? I pretty much just have pics of all the a bodies there. Oh and Memike it is once every year around this time. It is a great show, it is so big I couldn't walk around the whole place in two days.

Yeah a link would be great! I know the people here would love it. There were so many awesome A-bodies, I couldn`t possibly post all the photos I`ve got.

It is 941 miles from my home town, Sounds like a easy two day trip and stay for two days. Will the fall meet be as good as this one they had this week end anyone??

yo long gone,,, man you should of sat down and talked,,,all mopar guys welcoem to sit chew the fat,,,you are correct we had a brief incounter,,,,next time stoppppppp talk,,,,,long gone i got an award,,,but if i told ya the story you would stil be laughing,,,,

chryslers@carlisle 2008 vol 1 005.jpg

yo long gone,,, man you should of sat down and talked,,,all mopar guys welcoem to sit chew the fat,,,you are correct we had a brief incounter,,,,next time stoppppppp talk,,,,,long gone i got an award,,,but if i told ya the story you would stil be laughing,,,,

I really wanted to take the time to talk with everyone but we had 82 acres of cars and vendors to cover plus 5 more hours of driving. We didn`t slow down for much at all but if I saw a face or car that I recognized I stopped to say hello. Next year we`re going to plan for 3 days. We`ll see, congrats on the award.....fill us in.

It is 941 miles from my home town, Sounds like a easy two day trip and stay for two days. Will the fall meet be as good as this one they had this week end anyone??

Mike, I didn`t know they had an October show only the July show. October would be great weather-wise. It was a little warm this last weekend up there. Bring some good shoes, or even a bicycle!:-D

carlisle has several event thru the year,,ONLY 1 MOPAR event,,,

the 2 biggest events are spring and fall carlisle,, they are swap meets and cars for sale/auction,, NO SHOW CARS,,, 82 ACRES of parts,,mostly brand X

not worth it to drive a major distance to spring or fall for mopar parts,,chryslers at carlisle is the ultimate mopar event parts and show,,,unless you have a mopar from the 20s 30s 40s 50s hershey in the fall is a giant parts event,,

carlisle has several other car events that are brand only.... ford,, gm,,corvette, truck nationals, import event, bike, mopar is the biggest event with show cars invloved,, then corvette, then motor cycle,then who cares,,lol

just didnt want you long gone thinking there would be mopars there in october,,,yes you need 3 days to see all of the mopar event,,

I really wanted to take the time to talk with everyone but we had 82 acres of cars and vendors to cover plus 5 more hours of driving. We didn`t slow down for much at all but if I saw a face or car that I recognized I stopped to say hello. Next year we`re going to plan for 3 days. We`ll see, congrats on the award.....fill us in.
I wish we met-you photographed my Duster and posted the pic (thanks) i had a blast talking with people when I was actually At the car and not in the swap area. I handed out about a dozen FABO cards too. Im glad some of you guys took pics there too. I packed my wifes point and shoot consumer digital and ran around Saturday afternoon for 20 min. and managed to take about 30 images. Mostly some cool C bodies and that awesome Winchester Gray '71 Dodge Charger 383 Superbee.

I wish we met-you photographed my Duster and posted the pic (thanks) i had a blast talking with people when I was actually At the car and not in the swap area. I handed out about a dozen FABO cards too. Im glad some of you guys took pics there too. I packed my wifes point and shoot consumer digital and ran around Saturday afternoon for 20 min. and managed to take about 30 images. Mostly some cool C bodies and that awesome Winchester Gray '71 Dodge Charger 383 Superbee.

Tom, your car looked great. Now that the show`s over I realize that there were a lot of FABO members there that I missed. It was total Mopar overload trying to experience everything in just one day. I`m sorry I missed you, I `d loved to have met you but time was not on my side. Next year I hope to spend several days and talk to as many people as I can.

carlisle has several event thru the year,,ONLY 1 MOPAR event,,,

the 2 biggest events are spring and fall carlisle,, they are swap meets and cars for sale/auction,, NO SHOW CARS,,, 82 ACRES of parts,,mostly brand X

not worth it to drive a major distance to spring or fall for mopar parts,,chryslers at carlisle is the ultimate mopar event parts and show,,,unless you have a mopar from the 20s 30s 40s 50s hershey in the fall is a giant parts event,,

carlisle has several other car events that are brand only.... ford,, gm,,corvette, truck nationals, import event, bike, mopar is the biggest event with show cars invloved,, then corvette, then motor cycle,then who cares,,lol

just didnt want you long gone thinking there would be mopars there in october,,,yes you need 3 days to see all of the mopar event,,

I knew there were Chevy and Ford shows too but never knew of any other Mopar events there but the one in the summer. I guess memike is going to have to wait either until the Nationals in Ohio or next summer for Carlisle to see the good stuff. Tell me about your award and the odd circumstances surrounding the win.

long gone,i placed my car in modified A body 1963 -1969. the reason i went in to modified A body,was to park with cars of my body style. i never ment to up stage any one,,,several cars in modified A body had much better paint jobs then my car,,

some one complained to the staff at carlisle that i should not be in there class, im guessing because i was there brite and early i got the end spot,for the first time ever,, i have been in this class before with no problems,

to tell the truth im not one of those trophy hungry guys,.,dont get me wrong i love it when my car gets looked at or pics taken of or an award,,my car is no first place car by any meens,,it gets driven,,it has flaws,,

so the carlisle staff moves me with out notice to prostreet,,i went to the front desk,,and asked what was going on,, they explained it all to me,,i said i have never been told before in 9 year of showing at carlisle where i had to be,,,they said the rules have changed,,i said ok,,but im not moving,i have a great spot and have been parked there since 6 AM friday,,,they replied ok,but you cant be judged, i said fine not a problem,,they told me if it get crowded they will move me,,,that never happened i remained in modified A body,, i was packing up sunday early to get a head start home,, when DJV called me on my cell,to tell me i had won 3rd in prostreet,,im sure there are a few pissed off peole in that catogory,being that i wasnt even parked with them and i wont a place in that catogory,, i got my plack and didnt stay for the award parade,,,if some one would of approched me in stead of crying to the staff i would of taken my car number out of the window to remain wit hthe early barracudas,,,my car must of gotten a lot of votes to give me an award in another class,, i never ment to piss any one offf,,but watch out pay backs can be worse,,,

long gone,i placed my car in modified A body 1963 -1969. the reason i went in to modified A body,was to park with cars of my body style. i never ment to up stage any one,,,several cars in modified A body had much better paint jobs then my car,,

some one complained to the staff at carlisle that i should not be in there class, im guessing because i was there brite and early i got the end spot,for the first time ever,, i have been in this class before with no problems,

to tell the truth im not one of those trophy hungry guys,.,dont get me wrong i love it when my car gets looked at or pics taken of or an award,,my car is no first place car by any meens,,it gets driven,,it has flaws,,

so the carlisle staff moves me with out notice to prostreet,,i went to the front desk,,and asked what was going on,, they explained it all to me,,i said i have never been told before in 9 year of showing at carlisle where i had to be,,,they said the rules have changed,,i said ok,,but im not moving,i have a great spot and have been parked there since 6 AM friday,,,they replied ok,but you cant be judged, i said fine not a problem,,they told me if it get crowded they will move me,,,that never happened i remained in modified A body,, i was packing up sunday early to get a head start home,, when DJV called me on my cell,to tell me i had won 3rd in prostreet,,im sure there are a few pissed off peole in that catogory,being that i wasnt even parked with them and i wont a place in that catogory,, i got my plack and didnt stay for the award parade,,,if some one would of approched me in stead of crying to the staff i would of taken my car number out of the window to remain wit hthe early barracudas,,,my car must of gotten a lot of votes to give me an award in another class,, i never ment to piss any one offf,,but watch out pay backs can be worse,,,

Congratulations, the people have spoken. You must have received enough votes to merit the win. I like the fact that your car is a driver and perhaps judges are starting to see things that way too. :cheers:

-
Back