Carlisle rant!

-

Dodge33

Reaction score
My brother and I went to the Chrysler's at Carlise show this year..........
and it was a good show, but would of been fantastic without such brutal heat!
Anyway's............ I did get around some on my Polaris 90 quad, and was looking for some good used stuff, and a little new. Ok........ here is something I ran into, we needed to buy a new AMD full floor pan, for a 67-69
Barracuda that we will be working on in a few month's. So, my buddy told me to go up to (I believe it was on row B) so I did to look at floor pan's, and went under the tent, I think the place was called (Detroit something) and I stood there for about 10 minute's, before this guy asked me, what can I do for you?
I said a-body full floor pan, blah, blah, blah. I said How much, he said 450 or something. I said Ok...... I then said,is that plus tax? Quote: He said, WHAT DID I JUST SAY A FEW MINUTE'S AGO????????? AND I'M THINKING I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT TAXES?? SO, I PROCEED TO LEAVE, AND MY BUDDY SAY'S THIS GUY IS A MEATHEAD, AND WHEN SOMEONE TALK'S TO YOU LIKE THIS, THEY WILL NEVER, EVER, HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, PERIOD!!!! I GUESS LOT'S OF PEOPLE ENJOY BURNING THEIR OWN BRIDGE'S!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over. :finga::finga:

Yeah I think the heat was trying peoples nerves, I ask a guy if he had fender well trim for a Demon and he said "Do you see any" Not a good way to operate a business.

Yes it seams like you have to chase some people to sell you something.Which I refuse to do

There were alot of empty spaces this year. I caught an attitude last year from a vendor while buying wiper seals. (Engine swap guy) Lets be honest with ourselves and who we are dealing with. Good customer service is hard to find.

I don't know about you all but going 2 days in a row next year might not be worth it.

Did anyone see that blue 340 dart selling for 12k?

The extreme heat has a roll in it for starters, secondly, dealing with idiots that don't know jack about there car/what they have on there own stock or on there table for sale is the other thing.

As a purchaser, you should know what your trim piece looks like.

Jeff & Jerry:

Check if Tamraz auto has the part. They have an outlet 10-15 minuted from my brother's house in Plainfield. If you can get it shipped there, I can pick it up and bring it to you on one of my Detroit runs and save you the shipping cost. They don't charge shipping if you can pick it up at one of their outlets.

As I mentioned in an earlier post about Carlisle. The vendors can charge what they want, and treat you like crap because they now have the internet. They don't have to deal with humans anymore. If you don't like their prices or attitude, their mantra is, I'll set it on EBay, plus I'll jack up the shipping price a little.
The question as to one or two days is a tough one. I have done the show many times in one day, but those times I always felt like I missed something. This year with the extreme heat it didn't matter because I was just too tired and hot the whole time.

So you didn't buy the floor?

No....... I did not buy it, just because I've seen them elsewhere
on the Internet for like 399.00 I know we will have to pay sale's tax,
but that's the way it is. I have a rustfree full floor here, the car is
from Las Vegas, NV. it is just the customer asked us to install a brand new
AMD one, that's all.

Jeff & Jerry:

Check if Tamraz auto has the part. They have an outlet 10-15 minuted from my brother's house in Plainfield. If you can get it shipped there, I can pick it up and bring it to you on one of my Detroit runs and save you the shipping cost. They don't charge shipping if you can pick it up at one of their outlets.

Hey Krazykuda......... Is Tamraz's an AMD Dealer? It would be interesting to find out. We can also go to Detroit if we have to, it isn't a problem. Our buddy
is the head matenience guy, at the State Farm Office in Livonia, Mi. and we could probably arrange for him to pick one up from some nearby location. Appreciate the offer..... and we'll see what pan's out.

Try these guys!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyexQDZghms"]RPC Restoration Performance Center Promo spot - YouTube[/ame]

That sucks and I wouldn't buy stuff from them either, even if they were the low price outlet. I'd walk to one of the more courteous vendors with the same item and ask what they could do to get close. Don't care if it's 120 out, crappy seller/vendor attitudes aren't cool.

Even to the most obvious of jackassery buyer at swaps, I'm always polite... PERIOD! It's been in the very high 90's-low 100's at some swaps out here. Get more bees with honey! :) The obvious parts flipping crew around these parts know they get a different price than the end user.

Hey Krazykuda......... Is Tamraz's an AMD Dealer? It would be interesting to find out. We can also go to Detroit if we have to, it isn't a problem. Our buddy
is the head matenience guy, at the State Farm Office in Livonia, Mi. and we could probably arrange for him to pick one up from some nearby location. Appreciate the offer..... and we'll see what pan's out.

Yes, they do carry AMD parts. Check this out! They have it for under $400.

They have to have a local outlet for you to be able to pick it up without getting charged $100's for shipping. I've picked up parts in Plainfield before and it worked out great.

http://www.tamrazsparts.com/index.php?cPath=136_141_1036

-
Back