Carpet color

-

nz383man

Reaction score
Hi, my wife has a '69 Dart WSS that needs new carpet, her build sheet is damaged/missing in that area & we don't know what color the carpet is that's in the car as the colors on line don't look too different.

The car is white with a tan vinyl top & tan seats, we are not sure if we should go for gold or one of the saddle shades so does anyone know what was the most common carpet color with tan interior, Thanks

What is the actual interior code on your fender tag?

It will be in the second line up from the bottom, 3 characters to the left of center.

You definitely want to get the right color carpet so it matches the drapes.... :D

large_kiwi_shoe_polish.jpg

large_kiwi_shoe_polish.jpg

D2T came standard with the rubber floor mat, but with A78 you got carpet.

You want tan.

I can't find a Tan option anywhere, just Gold or a couple of options of Saddle, have I missed something? Thanks for your help!
Since the late 90s there were only a few carpet companies making carpet. As older cars "got older" they quit making a few colors or combined them into one color grouping. I'd look into a saddle color and ask for samples from stock interiors or acc and get the closest color match to what you consider tan. there are quite a few greens and browns that they no longer make due to low demand.

I am redoing a "gold on gold" convertible that had dark brown as a carpet(spray painted black along with everything else when they did the body color change to red)

Last edited:
and remember, mother mopar's interior were different SHADES of the basic color. tan was pretty rare int color. carpet was probably darker hade than dash pad, door panels....
I am not referring to the zillion GOLD dusters and dart of the 70's but like a 69 super bee i had years back. ( carpet was long gone in it when I got it in mid 90's!) ha)

Do you have the original? Should be able to get a good color sample under sill plate or back seat. Request samples and match it before ordering

Tan = saddle.

Thanks, that certainly helps!

Do you have the original? Should be able to get a good color sample under sill plate or back seat. Request samples and match it before ordering

I'm not sure it has the original carpet, I think it has been changed & we live in New Zealand so getting samples sent is difficult so we will go for the saddle option.

Thanks for your help guys!

-
Back