***Carpet Dying....Anyone done it???***

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dyed their whole carpet? I bought a new carpet set that is the darkest brown available, but it's still not dark enough.
**See pics below**...Front = repro...rear = original carpet.
I want to get it closer to the darker, original carpet for the Dart. Any experience out there???

Thanks.

Attachments

• DartCarpet-Old&New1 (Medium).JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 307
  • DartCarpet-Old&New2 (Medium).JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 307
Get ready for it to be all over your shoes. I did my carpet and it rubs through and stains shoes.

just give the repop a couple of years it may "darken" with all the crap in the air remember the oe in the back has spent 45 years in a convertable

you did get the kit with both pieces didn't you ?

you did get the kit with both pieces didn't you ?

LOL, Chris....Yes, I got both pieces....that pic was just to show side-by-side comparison of the colors.

It's not dirty...it is actually a different color...the tag on the back of the orig. stuff says "Chestnut". Greg's Dart'vert is the same way....and its from SUNNY California!!

Chris...did you put new carpet in yours?

LOL, Chris....Yes, I got both pieces....that pic was just to show side-by-side comparison of the colors.

It's not dirty...it is actually a different color...the tag on the back of the orig. stuff says "Chestnut". Greg's Dart'vert is the same way....and its from SUNNY California!!

Chris...did you put new carpet in yours?
yeah but black is black eh lol ,I kinda like the lighter brown I think it will look good with the pale copper { or whatever they call that colour } interior .

yeah but black is black eh lol ,I kinda like the lighter brown I think it will look good with the pale copper { or whatever they call that colour } interior .

Yes, but the dash is darker, and the pad even darker. The darker carpet goes with those. The lighter carpet makes the dash almost look wrong, don't you think?

Probably going to have to go with it as-is, cause I can't find anyone in town that will dye it. I've tried several carpet companies.

Did you get your rough engine problem sorted out?

I didn't really notice the dash pad I would have thought one of the craft stores would have a fabric die for nylon fibre that would work for you , I've been too busy playing with guns and dodging the weather to get out in the garage and pull the thing off and I don't have a compressor so I also need to buy a can of that compressed gas computer cleaner to blow out the needles with -maybe tomorrow since it's pouring again today eh !

I don't have a compressor so I also need to buy a can of that compressed gas computer cleaner to blow out the needles with -maybe tomorrow since it's pouring again today eh !

I've got a compressor. Bring it over here sometime and we'll check it out, if you like.

I do it all the time, My original carpet was mint but faded to grey i had some MarHyde die from years ago and used it,It's no longer available but SEM make it and you can buy it by the L but it's $$$, I spray on 2-4 coats let dry for 24 hrs then vacuum the **** out of it, never had any dye come off on my shoes.
Cheers Ed.

Attachments

• 0319101305-00.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 236
I really like the copper color better than the brown carpet. Once you get the seats and interior installed, I bet it blends in perfectly.....

Congrats on getting your car home Val 8) :thumbup:

-
Back