Carpet Install Questions

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my first carpet install in my 68 Dart and have a couple questions.

The carpet I bought from Trim Parts recommends using a spray adhesive to stick the carpet down. Do you guys use spray adhesive? If so, which one do you recommend?

Also, does the carpet overlap the pinch weld on the rockers? Or do you cut the carpet right inside the pinch weld?

Thanks!

I like to use the 3M Adhesive, works well. Leave the carpet over the pinch weld and secure it with the rocker molding.

Some of the carpet suppliers are "over generous" with the width. I trim the sides so there is about 1" or less overlapping the pinch weld....

Get 3M™ General Trim Adhesive 08088. You can get it from Napa, Walmart and Amazon.com are just a few places

That's what I thought too. I actually did try gluing the back half down. It made things a pain in the ***. I'm not gluing the front piece. Oh well, live and learn. That's what I get for following the instructions.

I have used glue, and not. When I do, I make sure the heel pad is placed correctly, and the I spray the glue, starting at the middle, and working my way out. It helps with carpet that doesn't want to lay how I want it.

-
Back