Carpet ??'s

-

abodybill

Reaction score
Finally getting ready to install the new carpet in the 71 demon(only had if for 3 years).

well its been in the box and what I need to know how to take out the creases that are in from where they folded it.

thanks

Just lay it on the ground in the sun. You may have to lay some bricks or something on it to hold it down. Once it warms up it should soften up a bit.

Thanks Greg,thats what I thought but with all the posts about the carpet fading I didn't want to chance it.

I should have layed it out last week as it plenty hot enough for taking the creases out and now its just hit 50* today and cloudy.

oh well I got other tings to do on the car/cars.

will put it out soon as we get some sun. :thumblef:

for inside you could try a heatgun or a blowdryer. It will take a little more effort, but it will work.

although a warm day helps, it really just needs to be sunny.
and if you're concerned about fading in that short time in the sun, lay it out upside-down.

fell it, and when it's warn to the touch, it's ready.....it also may be visible that it's ready if the wrinkles go away.

last fall, i laid mine out in the sun for a couple of hours, and it went in sweetly....

Thanks guys finnally got some sun and I put the rear out and in about 3 hours all folds/rolls,creases were out and it looked like it was just formed for the rear floor boards. :thumbrig:

-
Back