Carpet

-

440bigblock66

Family Black sheep
Reaction score
Who is the best to get carpet for a 66 barracuda. I have heard different things on different companies. Thanks ahead of time for info

I bought this ACC kit several years ago. Here is the passenger area mocked up about a week ago. Looks like a good fit. No where near ready for carpet in my car, so I don't know how the rest will fit. I think ACC is reputable. I hope.:D

Attachments

• carpet 1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 206
  • carpet 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 222
Mine faded quick from year one.

How quick and how bad? Got a pic by chance? I have a black YO carpet for the 72, definitely going with ACC for the 68 either way, but wondering if it's even worth installing the one for the 72. Mine will be indoors 99% of the time, so not much light will ever hit it, that's gotta help. Yours was sitting outside a lot?

That ACC kit from RockAuto is a great deal.

Theres a picture of the carpet in my "view photos" under my avatar. It faded within a few years. Then it just stayed purple so I just left it. I paid 110 in 1992. I wonder if they make a spray on carpet dye. I don't feel like throwing away 150 or whatever it costs now.

YearOne stuff is ACC. Yes you can dye it, works good too.

Whichever you decide, always make sure that the carpet matches the drapes....

I just checked and the one I got from YO is ACC, so that makes me feel better. I got it when they had their $99 carpet (+ outrageous shipping) carpet sale.

There was another thread about this recently and from what I recall some were saying that Trim Parts was better quality. You might do a search and locate that thread. I purchased ACC for my 71 Demon, haven't installed it yet but am pleased with the quality of the carpet and the padding so far.

Speaking of carpet....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJGksvSzXzs"]Family Guy - Tear Up My Carpet - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back