Cars get around, but why?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Bought this Dart several years ago as a car to build a clone of my brothers 69

Decided if I was going to build a clone to start with a 69 and had a guy I know want it for a father son project, so I sold a COMPLETE 67 GT and even gave him a lot of the parts he would need to make it a dependable running driving car. Thought I made him a good deal.

Shortly after he got it son wanted appearance stuff and don't think he was into the work to do the job. So the car was on Craigslist partly disassembled and many hard to find 67 parts not to go with the car. Price keeps dropping overtime saying needed money for collage.

So then it shows up again on Craigslist, more parts gone, more disassembled in another Indiana town.

So will anyone ever rebuild this car or is it destine to be a parts car only? It was a barn lot find for me, featured in old cars weekly and one I should have just kept or parted out myself ( would have made a lot more money)

Hate to see it this way, almost a shell for more than I sold it to them for complete, extra engine, trans, rear end gas tank, I could go on. Trunk lid was a better one I had bought and gave them, hood is off my convertible when the wind ripped the original one off one day

It was a solid car a few years back.

http://kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/3528627673.html

Hope someone buys it and gets it back on the road, or quit putting it on Craigslist for sale.

She might still be saved. Looks like it is still a good project but when the sheet metal is pulled away and sold off it probably wont be saved.

Sometimes I think it's better not to know what happens to the cars you get rid of. It's sad to see what they become when someone else picks all the decent parts off. I like a good project that isn't something collectible like a HEMI car so that I can do what I want to it. But there is a certain point where it becomes more of a hassle to track down all the missing parts. Hopefully the car finds a good home soon.

-
Back