Carter 2BBL experts......

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what these two vacuum lines should go to?? The original owner of the Dart had the carb replaced in the early 80's and it has 2 vacuum lines plugged?? I would love to know where these lines are suppost lead.

VacuumLinesOnCarb.jpg

The one under the center goes to charcoal canister. The one on left... dunno , pluged on my 73 also.

On the back side of the carb there are three vacuum lines. Does anyone know where each of those lines should come from?? The vacuum line on the passengers side of the carb hooks into the dist, right??

large center one goes to the pcv valve, one of the small ones goes to the choke pulloff

On the back side of the carb there are three vacuum lines. Does anyone know where each of those lines should come from?? The vacuum line on the passengers side of the carb hooks into the dist, right??

The other one I believe goes to the vacuum dashpot for the exhaust manifold heated air cleaner flapper valve.

Thanks for the help! I ended up buying the correct 71 carb on Ebay the other night. It should be here this week and hopefully (fingers crossed) solve my issue!!

ted - right now the old carb is not for sale. I have a few other cars that I may need it for. I will keep my eyes open for another one just like if you are needing one exactly like it??

More questions for the carb experts..... I got the new/rebuilt carb in and it works pretty good. It has some slack/play in the throttle linkage so I need to address that. But my main issue is the EGR linkage. The linkage that is on the car, the hook in the linkage and the clip are backwards to how it would clip onto the the carb itself. I will attach a picture (old carb as it was coming off the car, but new carb has the same linkage) to help explain.

Does anyone have a good pic of their 2 bbl carb linkage on the passengers side???

71DartCarbPS.JPG

The rod that is not connected in the pic goes in the hole from inside out.
Maybe i didn't unserstand your question.

The reason the rod/linkage is not connect is the hook on that linkage will not go through the hole in the carb linkage. The hook and clip on the linkage appear that they would hook on a carb where the top hole would be facing exact opposite as the one in the picture. I thought I had a better picture but I left town without getting one.

-
Back