Carter 4 Barrel Top Cover Leaking

-
These are the two gaskets I have to chhose from as a replacement. Image 2 is what is in there now. Didn't know if the large surface area in the rear would facilitatre gas pooling on top and wicking out besides that there are some ninor differences with small holes at ther rear. I will have to examine them compared to the carberator and openings when I take it appart. I would be grateful for any input on which one would be better. These are the two gaskets that would come in the rebuild kit for this carburator. Thanks Ken

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I cannot see how either gasket could cause external fuel seepage, as that area of the gaskets is the same. I am not sure but the lower gasket could be for an AVS, upper for AFB.

I cannot see how either gasket could cause external fuel seepage, as that area of the gaskets is the same. I am not sure but the lower gasket could be for an AVS, upper for AFB.
Installed the upper gasket seems to have taken care of the problem. Thes old cars will always smell a little after they run.

-
Back