[WANTED] Carter AFB #4295

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
4305S was 67 273/904 Commando/Charger with California emissions ( CAP ). This one is jetted a tiny bit leaner and has stops/limiters at adjust screws. Same 500 cfm so I doubt anyone could tell a difference from the drivers seat. Even those other Carter part numbers that are listed as factory application in manual trans builds could work. Their only difference was lower curb idle. Since todays fuel requires us to raise the base timing about 8 degrees we need to lower the curb idle setting anyway. Which would be best? There aint a heck of a lot of difference in any of them.
The most important thing is don't invest in a worn out carb. Sadly, at 50+ years old, many of them are well worn. Throttle shafts wear those bores. Accelerator pump shaft rocks/leans in that bore. A tiny bit of lost motion in accelerator pump movement is no big deal but sucking air past the throttle shaft can be. Good luck

I'm going to meet up with 66fs at Carlisle. My brother wants to buy the carb to complete a 4 barrel setup for his 67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back