Carter AVS info needed

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Where can I get info on the jetting etc for a Carter AVS for my 69 340 automatic?
Thanks in advance for any help guys.
George

George, are you trying to find out what they used from the factory ?

Maybe try the service manual ?

Adam,
I looked in the service manual, but nothing like that is listed, just procedures.

The rebuilder wants Metering Rod diameters and the proper jetting sizes, and I have no idea where to get this info for him.

He's a retired crew member from some NASCAR team back in the 70's. I know him from Corvettes in my previous life before Darts. He's an older guy in his 70's.

Anyone have any idea where I can obtain this info? I did a Google search for Carter AVS 4612 S but it only found application charts.

Thanks,
George

Does the carb not have metering rods and jets in it now ? I would think a good carb guy would be able to get pretty close just by giving him the engine specs.

The jets and metering rods are in the carb; its an unopened unit that just needs rebuilding.
I think he just wants to be sure the correct sized ones are in there to be sure nobody changed them out over the years, or to see if they're worn too much.
He knows it's a stone stock 340/727.

There is a big threaded plug in the top of the carb. Is that supposed to be there??

George

Can you surply a picture of this plug?

Rob, I shipped the carb to PA to the rebuilder, but he said he's going to email a pic of the plug to me. I don't remember it honestly.
If he sends a pic, I'll try my best to post it.

George

-
Back