Carter AVS primary jets

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Are these still around to buy from anywhere ? I found on E-bay a very nice 1969 AVS off a Mopar 383, list 4615. Carb is super clean, its a California carb and never seen salt or cold temps. it looks like. It still has the 3 step metering rods--yes I know I could use the 2 step rods and jets if I changed the rod covers but I like the find a pair of old AVS jets and just drill them out to riched the primary's.

Anybody know who to contact

the new edelbrock thunder series carb is a remake of the AVS. Jets and rods might work. Check at thermoquads.com they might know where to get parts. I sold an original AVS strip kit about 6 months ago. You might find one on ebay.

The edelbrock thunder series carbs are the same as the avs. the main difference is the use of 2 step vs 3 step metering rods. I believe the jets are the same. You can use the two step rods in your older avs by getting some flat vs domed metering rod covers, (the little plates screwed on to the top of the carb. that cover the metering rod pistons.)

Sounds like a good find on the carb - good luck with it !

The jets can be interchange because of the same thread size. Theres a minor heigt difference. No problem though. What you'll want to do is get the falt covers from a AFB, new or old, Edelbrock has them for there carbs and will swap over just fine, and use AFB rods. There slightly shorter than AVS rods.

-
Back