Carter AVS throttle Shaft

-

mcode

Reaction score
Hello; What is the green coating on the primary throttle shaft of a Carter AVS carburetor?

I think it is a teflon coating. It is a huge plus if it is still there. hopefully no one has boogered it up.

It is called Acheson Colloids Emralon, a PTFE dry film lubricant in a phenolic or epoxy resin. Back in some older posts a member had his shafts coated with Cerakote ceramic coating. Like was said in that post-when the coating wears off, then the shaft itself wears and it will never be perfect again even if the carb is rebushed. Rebushing helps. I use a thinwall brass bushings to do the Thermoquads.

It is called Acheson Colloids Emralon, a PTFE dry film lubricant in a phenolic or epoxy resin. Back in some older posts a member had his shafts coated with Cerakote ceramic coating. Like was said in that post-when the coating wears off, then the shaft itself wears and it will never be perfect again even if the carb is rebushed. Rebushing helps. I use a thinwall brass bushings to do the Thermoquads.
Thank you.

Did the AVS come with coated shafts? I have only seen TQs with coated shafts.

Did the AVS come with coated shafts? I have only seen TQs with coated shafts.
Yes, Pics to follow...

1969 340 auto AVS # 4612s

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back