-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Docmcg

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
It’s my understanding that on a slant six with the Carter BBD carb there should be a spacer under the carb. I think someone mentioned something like 5/16 thick. Is this correct, and if so, anyone know where a guy can find one? Thanks,Steve.

Never heard that one. Although it's a good idea to run the thick insulator gasket.

Boy, you’re quick! Can’t say I’m necessarily correct, what is the proper setup for a BBD on a slant six? BTW, the engine is going into a A100 pickup, if that makes any difference.

Check the Factory Service Manual.

If you can't find one for a D100 an A body FSM should be close enough.

I don't think that the spacers were original but a later add on to help with inherent fuel delivery issues.

I do not run one on my 67 273 and have no issues

You'll need to make sure the BBD you have is for a slant six. More were for 318s so it might be a 318 carburetor. Also, you will likely need a later model FSM for a model that came with the Super Six setup, if you intend on running the BBD.

Just a FYI.I just installed a new in the box "rebuilt" BBD, on my D-100. Carb ran fine. However the cruise control did not work. Found out the small "full time" vacuum port was totally plugged up with "gunk". Had to use a small drill bit to clean it out.
PS: I am using the thick carb base gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back