Carter BBS is this the right carb?

-

Cliff'sDodge

Cliff's66Dart
Reaction score
I took off my Holley 1920 and found a New-in-box BBS. My question is it seems to be for a 1969 D100. Will it fit my 66 Dart? It's missing the choke pull-off and has a few extra vacuum lines. I imagine that since it's been in a box since 1969 it probably needs a new rebuild kit.
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg

It will work with a manual choke cable installed, I have used them on slant sixes before with the choke thermostat removed. Other than the minor inconvenience of the manual choke, I couldn't tell any difference in overall performance or driveability on a '71 \6. Just make sure to hook your distributor vacuum advance to ported vacuum and cap the unneeded connections. Memory is failing me on the air cleaner stud bail assembly. It looks like it uses the same one as the Holley, but it's been a while back. I went with an adapter for 5-1/8 inch neck air cleaner and had to make my own bail assembly with a 1/4-20 bolt and nut and an artfully formed paint bucket bail.

Throttle linkage is totally different. The 66 (unless it has AC) uses a solid "twisty" rod. The carb shown uses a cable throttle..

It will work with a manual choke cable installed, I have used them on slant sixes before with the choke thermostat removed. Other than the minor inconvenience of the manual choke, I couldn't tell any difference in overall performance or driveability on a '71 \6. Just make sure to hook your distributor vacuum advance to ported vacuum and cap the unneeded connections. Memory is failing me on the air cleaner stud bail assembly. It looks like it uses the same one as the Holley, but it's been a while back. I went with an adapter for 5-1/8 inch neck air cleaner and had to make my own bail assembly with a 1/4-20 bolt and nut and an artfully formed paint bucket bail.
The Air Cleaner Bail Assembly was interchangeable with the Holley!

-
Back